Thread: Serial nbrs of Colt 1st Gen SA Revolvers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Serial nbrs of Colt 1st Gen SA Revolvers

I came across a list of the serial numbers of Colt 1st Generation Single Action Revolvers belonging to famous people like Wyatt Earp, Jesse James, Billy the Kid, and John Wayne. If you have a Colt Single Action Revolver made between 1873 and 1940 you may want to check the list to see if there is any information about your revolver.

http://www.swshana.com/gun_website/Colt_SAA_SNs.pdf

EDIT: Don't forget to check out his Historical Firearms & Swords Collection. Friggin awesome.
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 10-20-17 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Nice.

A lot of history represented.
    Unfortunately I do not have Doc Holliday's P model.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Nice.

A lot of history represented.
    Unfortunately I do not have Doc Holliday's P model.
    Sorry to hear you missed out Doc Holliday's P model

He updated the PDF file, providing a link to his Historical Firearms & Swords Collection. Friggin awesome.
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 10-20-17 at 20:25.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On the colt forum today, he certainly made a very Happy Thanksgiving to the OP. The gun had a questionable “U.S.” stamped on the side of the frame. Most said that the marking was fake and the gun didn’t have much value. Actually this gun is quite rare and today there aren’t many from the Johnson County War in museums and private collections.

Post # 13
    Now for the good news. The serial number of this SAA, 117844, is listed on my directory as being used by one of the participants in the Johnson County War that took place in Johnson County, Wyoming between 1889 and 1893. The source of this information is the Colt Peacemaker Encyclopedia by Keith Cochran. The link to my serial number list is at the bottom of this post.
    http://www.coltforum.com/forums/sing...uestion-2.html

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Lucky guy.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have Colt 90,*** and Colt told me they have no records for that time frame.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    I have Colt 90,*** and Colt told me they have no records for that time frame.
    On his home page he has a contact tab, shoot him an email. If he can help you, please let us know.

http://www.swshana.com/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Will do.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower