Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surefire Micro 556

Feedback Score

Surefire Micro 556

Anyone have a Surefire Micro 556?

Can't find much about them. Everything seems to be about the Mini. My local gun store has one for sale for a pretty good price and I am thinking about picking it up. I understand it's limitations but like the idea of the size and reduction in flash and noise even if it is only barely hearing safe. Will be for a BCM 14.5in

Feedback Score
    Also, another dumb question. I have a Surefire MB556K Muzzle Brake pinned and welded but it does not have the indexing tab? It is listed as the correct muzzle device for the Micro. Am I missing something? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasez33 View Post
    Also, another dumb question. I have a Surefire MB556K Muzzle Brake pinned and welded but it does not have the indexing tab? It is listed as the correct muzzle device for the Micro. Am I missing something? Thanks
    The only dumb question is the one you don't ask my friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I believe the Micro is discontinued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I understand it's limitations but like the idea of the size and reduction in flash and noise even if it is only barely hearing safe.
    I don't think it's hearing safe or even close.

It's a legacy can, so that sounds like the correct muzzle brake. It has a indexing slot on the bottom front, right? If it has a "Socom" indexing tab at the bottom rear, it's the wrong one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hkbeltfed View Post
    I don't think it's hearing safe or even close.

It's a legacy can, so that sounds like the correct muzzle brake. It has a indexing slot on the bottom front, right? If it has a "Socom" indexing tab at the bottom rear, it's the wrong one.
    Correct it has the slot at the bottom front, not an indexing tab at the rear.

I know they were discontinued, I am assuming its been at the gunstore for a while, was seeing if it was worth picking up on the cheap.

From what I read they are 148db on a 10.5 and right at 140 on a 14.5

Feedback Score
    Correct it has the slot at the bottom front, not an indexing tab at the rear.

I know they were discontinued, I am assuming its been at the gunstore for a while, was seeing if it was worth picking up on the cheap.

From what I read they are 148db on a 10.5 and right at 140 on a 14.5
    Where did you get those numbers? Around 140 (maybe a little higher) sounds about right for most 223 cans. I’d expect the micro to be noticeably louder.

Feedback Score
    http://www.surefire.com/suppressor-comparison-chart

Surefire’s website claims 141db on a 14.5

Like I said I can’t find much real world info on the micro but I can for the mini which seems to be a great suppressor. On this forum there are a few posts stating mid 140s for the Micro.

I love my 14.5 AR and like the appeal of sound reduction and reduced flash without a ton of added length and weight. Not looking to shoot all day without hearing protection but if it reduces it enough to not destroy my hearing if I ever use it in a self defense situation then that’s a huge bonus. Plus I can pick it up for not much more than the price of a Glock. I understand it’s a niche product and that a full size suppressor is better for most applications but would still like some feedback.
    Last edited by Chasez33; 10-22-17 at 08:47.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting that, never saw published data from surefire before, curious as to the testing location.

Studies show a supersonic 308 bullet as producing 138-140db in flight, I’d suspect 223 being similar.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-22-17 at 10:24.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Thanks for posting that, never saw published data from surefire before, curious as to the testing location.
    I would assume being a reputable company with military contracts that their published data would be pretty accurate?

Either way it seems to be a substantial reduction for it's size over non-suppressed. All things equal I would probably get the Mini however the price of the Micro is hard to pass up.

A few posts said that Surefire claimed both were tested on 10.5in ARs and are good to go. Even though 148 is still loud it would be nice to throw on my 10.5 AR pistol if I wanted to to make long range days more tolerable.
    Last edited by Chasez33; 10-22-17 at 11:16.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast