Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My father finally lost his battle.

Feedback Score
    Condolences.

Sorry for your loss.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I am very, very sorry.
    It's gonna hurt for the rest of your life.
    My dad was my best friend I ever had.
    And anytime I feel I miss him, remember all the times he talked to you, hugged you, kissed you, teased you, encouraged you to get a little dirty and the times he got teetotaling pissed at you.

Treasure all those memories. Keep them close, and he'll never really be gone.

And one day, you'll have a son and you can keep it going.

But for now, grieve. For there are few things worse than losing a father.
    Not just a father....a dad.

And He knows you loved him.
    Well said.

You will never forget the day. My dad died on March 13th, 1999. The pain never goes away but it not as intense as time goes by and you tend to remember the good things more than the pain.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    My condolences for you and your family.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I can't imagine what you are going through.

My condolences to your family and you.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Sorry for your loss. I would like to say the pain gets better, but it doesn't, it just becomes less sharp.

I lost mine at 62 after a 2 year battle with cancer, that was 13 years ago and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him or miss him. Even today, sometimes I will wake up thinking about something and say to myself that I should tell Dad about it.

One day I will, as will you.

God bless.

Feedback Score
    So sorry for your loss. They say time heals everything, but years from now you will wish you could just have another afternoon to sit and talk to your Dad about things.

I lost my father in 1999 at the age of 84. I retired from the Army to take over the family business after his death. The Bible tells us to Praise God in all things, and that is really hard to understand. But I guess we should Praise God for the time we do have with our loved ones, and for the promise of being reunited at some point.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Elephant,
    What a blessing to see that you have the right eternal perspective. It is the promise of the Lord that we as believers will meet again and helps to bring comfort during these times. May the Lord bless and comfort you during this time. God Bless.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    I appreciate all the nice words from you guys. I do think time heals. My dad for the longest time never had anything good to say about his dad, the last year or so, I saw an attitude change in my dad and he started telling me stories about his dad. I guess he chose to forgive him and focus on the things he loved about him. Ive always loved my dad. I think his battle over the last 4 years was hard on me and I think it actually prepared me for this day. I wasn't in shock, I knew it would eventually happen and I knew the time frame was right but didn't think it would be so soon. He planned and prepaid for his whole funeral about a year ago without anyone knowing, he bought the cheapest of everything! That's typical of my dad but he did prepay for catering since we expect somewhere around 400 people. I know I will miss him, I don't think it has sink in yet, but I know given time, it will finally become reality for me. But I really am glad that he isn't struggling in his decaying body that left him crippled anymore. I'm comforted knowing that he is with the Lord.

Feedback Score
    Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

I can't imagine what you're going through.

Thank God he isn't suffering. Take comfort knowing he's with the lord. He taught you what a dad should be. Youll see him again someday.

Peace be with you.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Sorry for your loss

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast