Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the ACR still a thing?

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)

Is the ACR still a thing?

Yes I know they are overpriced and do nothing over an AR. But I really liked mine and hated having to sell it when times were hard.

Are they still out there though? I haven't seen any at shops in ages and can't find them anywhere online either.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Yes I know they are overpriced and do nothing over an AR. But I really liked mine and hated having to sell it when times were hard.

Are they still out there though? I haven't seen any at shops in ages and can't find them anywhere online either.
    I bought one off of Gunbroker about a year ago and I really love mine. I did quite a bit of research prior to buying it and had some last minute reservations, but I am really glad I got it. That said, the ACR forum has some for sale from time to time, but I would check Gunbroker as they are still pretty easy to find on there.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There are several ACR Forum members building parts. I highly suggest the M-LOK rails from RPMTool in Canada. I'm about to put mine on a serious diet by dedicating it to 5.56 using an aluminum trunnion and barrel nut as well as having the bolt carrier lightened.

Feedback Score
    You can get them new now for just over $1,500.
    https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_...rms_wikiarms=0

cdmiller, how about thinning the barrel. Every time I look at that extra meat up front on the barrel I wonder, why?

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Thanks guys. I will probably try to find one used then.

Funny enough I found out who bought mine today. Going to reach out and see if he may want to sell it back
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    how about thinning the barrel. Every time I look at that extra meat up front on the barrel I wonder, why?
    Bret, So does everyone else. A popular mod on the ACR Forum is to ship the barrel off to be reprofiled and chopped to 14.5" with the muzzle device pinned. I just Form 1'ed mine and chopped it to 12.5". The result was about 5oz off the front end. I could have the barrel reprofiled under the hand guard but the juice wouldn't be worth the squeeze for that as it would only save about 1.5Oz. AL trunnion and non-QD AL barrel nut save ~7oz (IIRC). Lightening the bolt carrier is about 4oz as well.

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmiller View Post
    Bret, So does everyone else. A popular mod on the ACR Forum is to ship the barrel off to be reprofiled and chopped to 14.5" with the muzzle device pinned. I just Form 1'ed mine and chopped it to 12.5". The result was about 5oz off the front end. I could have the barrel reprofiled under the hand guard but the juice wouldn't be worth the squeeze for that as it would only save about 1.5Oz. AL trunnion and non-QD AL barrel nut save ~7oz (IIRC). Lightening the bolt carrier is about 4oz as well.

I did the 14.5 chop and it’s definitely recommended. I looked into those other mods but haven’t made the jump yet

Feedback Score
    Do either (or both) of y'all have a picture that you can post?

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Do either (or both) of y'all have a picture that you can post?
    I don't have any hosted that I could post, but I would be happy to text you some if you like. Shoot me a PM if you want me to

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have yet to ever see a really good deal on an ACR. I've seen just about every other rifle come down in price over the last few years but the ACR seems to still hover in the 1700 range. I remember wanting one so bad, but the reviews after it finally came to life just didn't seem to warrant that new price of 2000. I guess I always assumed that time and a lackluster response from the public would drive the price down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast