Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 5 inch RMR milling?

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)

M&P 2.0 5 inch RMR milling?

I am trying to figure out if this can be done. On the standard and compact M&P 2.0 this is not a big deal. It can be done. However the 5 inch model has a top located loaded chamber indicator as you can see in the image I attached. Does anyone know if this will prevent the slide being safely milled for an RMR by a reputable company?

Attachment 48049
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Reach out directly to ATEi. They will give you the definitive answer.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    ATEi won't do a pro or RMR pocket for a loaded chamber indicator slide.

https://ateiguns.com/product/build-a...-slide-options

M&P 9 2.0 modifications offered differ from the regular M&P 9 model. A regular trigger job (sear install and radius and polish the safety plunger) is offered, but the full target trigger job is not available at this time. There are dimensional differences in the M&P 9 2.0 slide which require new programs to be developed for the side and top porting. Once developed and available, an announcement will be made. Full and Half Top Serrations, RMR install, regular trigger job and refinishing in Black Nitride (Nickel Boron is no longer available for M&P slides) are the only slide modifications available at this time for the M&P 9 2.0. We do not offer milling for or install of a mini red dot optic on the new M&P 9 2.0 with the chamber indicator at the top rear of the slide.
    Just realized the NiB I paid for is no longer offer d for 2.0 slides... damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I was wondering the same thing the other day and somehow came across this. I don't know anything about the company, not vouching for or against them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppb-8smNCfE

I would think that at some point soon S&W is going to address that somehow. If they came out with a factory model without that stupid thing or even factory milled I would buy one in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by zephyr; 10-16-17 at 22:48.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Check with Agency Arms, Mod 1 Firearms and Ops Armory. They all do top quality work though I have no personal experience with them. My vote have been ATEi as well. Good luck.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mark can also help you with L&M Precision

https://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/contact-us/
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    Apex makes a filler to eliminate the LCI.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just buy an M&P without the loaded chamber indicator.
    Doug Holloway
    ATEi

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    I don't think S&W is doing a black 5" 2 .0 without it yet.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Just buy an M&P without the loaded chamber indicator.
    5 inch models aren't available without.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast