Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Something Hits my cheek every once in a while

Feedback Score
    Here is Bravo Company's answer to my email:

All BCM® barrels are made to have muzzle threading concentric to the bore. With any istalled muzzle device we recommend that you verify concentricty prior to firing the weapon system.

After you install a suppressor, you must use a gauge to verify barrel concentricity throughout the bore, muzzle device/suppressor mount and the suppressor itself, as a misaligned baffle will cause problems just as severe as a misaligned bore.

PLease see the link below:

https://geissele.com/15-5-56mm-suppr...ment-gage.html

Do let us know if you have any additional questions.
    I don't use a suppressor, so I don't know why they mentioned that.

Recommending that concentricity be verified by Yours Truly prior to firing does not instill a lot of confidence, but I'm reading between the lines to mean they are suggesting it's almost certainly a compensator misalignment, albeit miniscule.

Agree or disagree?

Either that or they totally misunderstood my email.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 10-18-17 at 13:56.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Here is Bravo Company's answer to my email:

I don't use a suppressor, so I don't know why they mentioned that.

Recommending that concentricity be verified by Yours Truly prior to firing does not instill a lot of confidence, but I'm reading between the lines to mean they are suggesting it's almost certainly a compensator misalignment, albeit miniscule.

Agree or disagree?

Either that or they totally misunderstood my email.
    Did they install the comp or did you install it? If they installed it they should be the ones checking for concentrity, not you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Did they install the comp or did you install it? If they installed it they should be the ones checking for concentrity, not you.
    They installed it. I ordered it as a complete upper. The thing is: I can just have my gunsmith yank that compensator off and install an A2 flash hider, so it's not worth sending back to BCM, but, yes, they should be the ones to address it.

My reply back to them:

I did not install the compensator. You did. I'm simply asking if the problem might be caused by a misaligned compensator. If it needs fixing I'll have my gunsmith remove the compensator.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 10-18-17 at 14:25.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't understand how things have progressed so far. After doing much research, the bcm comp 'sparks'. It is known.

Yank off the bcm comp.

Install A2, A1 or even linear compensator.

Shoot and see if cheek stinging results persist.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    I don't understand how things have progressed so far. After doing much research, the bcm comp 'sparks'. It is known.

Yank off the bcm comp.

Install A2, A1 or even linear compensator.

Shoot and see if cheek stinging results persist.
    I concur to a degree: but the analysis in this thread is all over the place. Frankly, my take on BCM's answer is that they answered it without wanting to come right out and say what you just posted. Several days ago I ordered an A2 flash hider and new crush washer. These will most likely be installed as soon as they arrive.

HOWEVER, I would love to see a link or something (like a review?) showing the BCM compensator habitually sparks--THEN I think we have case closed. But I didn't want to jump to conclusions.

I looked the entire weapon over and there is no evidence of anything leaking from any other orifice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I concur to a degree: but the analysis in this thread is all over the place. Frankly, my take on BCM's answer is that they answered it without wanting to come right out and say what you just posted. Several days ago I ordered an A2 flash hider and new crush washer. These will most likely be installed as soon as they arrive.

HOWEVER, I would love to see a link or something (like a review?) showing the BCM compensator habitually sparks--THEN I think we have case closed. But I didn't want to jump to conclusions.

I looked the entire weapon over and there is no evidence of anything leaking from any other orifice.
    BCM comp on viewer left.

Last edited by ColtSeavers; 10-18-17 at 15:34. Reason: Left, not let...

Feedback Score
    BCM comp on viewer left.

Wow. You know, I Googled "BCM compensator problems" before starting this thread, and maybe that's why videos like that didn't come up. That video pretty much illustrates what's going on. The fact that what hits my cheek is a "once in a range session" thing....well....that video makes me wonder why it's not happening more often.

Why in the fudge would you want that on your weapon?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    3 prong flash hiders ''spark'' as well. It's just a pattern of the way gas is burning with the air.
    Something actually hitting your face is not normal for any muzzle device OP. I have used all kinds of brakes, flash hiders, suppressors, comps, etc, nothing has ever actually hit my face.
    Nothing normal at all about actual debris hitting your face.

The only time anything ever hit my face shooting is like I mentioned earlier when I shot an AK that was out of spec.
    Last edited by 5.56 Bonded SP; 10-18-17 at 16:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok, read the rest of the thread, and Mistwolf already suggested my only other left field suggestion.

So, in order of ease:

Change the charging handle in the offending upper with one from a known non offending upper.

If that fails

Change BCM comp to an A2 birdcage or similar.

Shoot and see.

Barring those two, see a neurologist?
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 10-18-17 at 16:32.

Feedback Score
    Ok, read the rest of the thread, and Mistwolf already suggested my only other left field suggestion.

So, in order of ease:

Change the charging handle in the offending upper with one from a known non offending upper.

If that fails

Change BCM comp to an A2 birdcage or similar.

Shoot and see.

Barring those two, see a neurologist?
    All right. In the interest of science I will dig out a BCM Gunfighter charging handle with the gas buster "lip" on the upper rear surface that saw thousands of rounds so I'd call that vetted.

I don't know when I'll make it to the range again, but I'll try to make the change tonight.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast