Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Something Hits my cheek every once in a while

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    I had a sopmod stock that would pull out the hair on my face when it got long enough. Could this possibly be the sting you are feeling?
    How would a stock on the right cheek affect the left cheek?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a sopmod stock that would pull out the hair on my face when it got long enough. Could this possibly be the sting you are feeling?
    Lol, this is why I don't like Magpul moe stocks.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I never said I was a smart man

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I never said I was a smart man
    No worries, mate.

Feedback Score
    I'll post an update now just so I don't lose track of how many range trips I've made since swapping out the charging handle.

With the holidays it may very well be after New Year's before I make it to the range again.

Anyway:

Second range trip--no debris to the face.

A couple more and I will personally be satisfied that it's not a fluke and changing the charging handle solved the problem.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I'll post an update now just so I don't lose track of how many range trips I've made since swapping out the charging handle.

With the holidays it may very well be after New Year's before I make it to the range again.

Anyway:

Second range trip--no debris to the face.

A couple more and I will personally be satisfied that it's not a fluke and changing the charging handle solved the problem.
    That's good news. What CH did you have and what did you switch to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    That's good news. What CH did you have and what did you switch to?

I started with a standard CH and switched to a BCM Gunfighter medium latch with the gas buster lip made for suppressor use.

Assuming it really is the replacement charging handle that cured the problem, I would love to be able to prove if:

1) Something was flying out of the rear of the receiver and would have done so regardless of the muzzle device, or

2) If somehow the muzzle device, even though not a suppressor, is allowing some blowback.

I'm not an expert on how this stuff works together so I put that out there for an SME to chime in or if it's anybody's guess.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I started with a standard CH and switched to a BCM Gunfighter medium latch with the gas buster lip made for suppressor use.

Assuming it really is the replacement charging handle that cured the problem, I would love to be able to prove if:

1) Something was flying out of the rear of the receiver and would have done so regardless of the muzzle device, or

2) If somehow the muzzle device, even though not a suppressor, is allowing some blowback.

I'm not an expert on how this stuff works together so I put that out there for an SME to chime in or if it's anybody's guess.
    Thanks for the update. I'm especially interested. My newest upper is a BCM midlength bbl assembly with one of the BCM comps. Not sure which one. I have BCM CH's on most of my guns. Including this one. and a Colt upper.

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    UPDATE: I have now had a chance to make several more range trips and the problem seems to have gone away.

I will be switching to an AAC Blackout three-prong flash hider as soon as it arrives so this test is over.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It's God telling you to quit shooting garbage, and get some decent targets.
    It is God or Mother Nature who is tired of watching someone leave shattered glass and cans everywhere.
    Last edited by thegreyman; 02-13-18 at 07:33.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast