Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of LWRC?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Current state of LWRC?

Does anyone have any recent experience with LWRC? I heard from a friend the company had changed hands and he believed the quality of products they were putting out had been slipping, but I haven’t been able to find anything to verify this. Back in the day (when piston was fashionable) I had one of their rifles and it ran well for me, but that’s been years and years ago.

A friend just picked up one of their DI individual carbine rifles, and it seems like a pretty solid option for the money.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'd like to know as well. I too shot one maybe 5 or 6 years ago and it was nice. You never saw the rifles sub $2k and now I see all types of deals. Just saw one of their piston ICs for under $1,500 new and their black DI for $950.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have their DI for $975 or so for the last few months. Only 2-300 down the pipe, as I have been focused on pistol lately.

It seems nice. Solid lock up, I like their BCG and ambi controls. Nice even finish. Overall a solid feeling rifle and accessories. The rail is proprietary, IIRC. Did you have any specific concerns?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    I have their DI for $975 or so for the last few months. Only 2-300 down the pipe, as I have been focused on pistol lately.

It seems nice. Solid lock up, I like their BCG and ambi controls. Nice even finish. Overall a solid feeling rifle and accessories. The rail is proprietary, IIRC. Did you have any specific concerns?
    Nothing in particular, just curious if they can still be considered high quality guns. My buddy just paid barely over a thousand for an FDE one, and it seems really nice.

It does seem strange that some of their piston guns cost upwards of two thousand, but they can sell DI guns for right at about a thousand.

Feedback Score
    Piston set ups are more expensive to manufacture because of the piston system and the BCG has to be different as well. Not sure if the gas port is different. LWRC's were also so expensive because of their rail set up. Piston guns are typically proprietary rail too. I had heard even when they were top tier that they were hit or miss accuracy wise.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    A buddy of mine is a contractor and trainer who uses LWRC piston guns exclusively stateside and overseas. He swears by them.

The only real data point I have is that his gas block cracked around the 25k mark.

Feedback Score
    3k rounds in and my barrel was out of spec per lwrc. I was told not to shoot m855.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    they are in maryland still iicr

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_gene View Post
    3k rounds in and my barrel was out of spec per lwrc. I was told not to shoot m855.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Did they fix your rifle? And why particularly shouldn’t M855 be shot?

Feedback Score
    markm is their corporate spokesman. I'm sure he'll be along soon enough to tell you all you want to know about them.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast