Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Current state of LWRC?

Feedback Score
    I buddy of mine bought one about five years ago, or so. One of their high end models, and I happened to be at the range when he tried to zero it. At 50 yards, it patterned wider than a shotgun with good 55gr. Three of us tried, all got the same result. So, it was the gun... He sent it back, and was told that it was in spec, and made to use only 77gr ammo. He tried it again, and, indeed, it shot well, but not spectacular, with quality 77gr. I don't know if he kept it or not, but it soured my buddy on the company and on the SME recommending them. To this day, I don't understand how you can make a 1/7 twist barrel to shoot so poorly 55gr bullets, but good enough 77gr.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Muh direct impangemant

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Had these bottom feeding scum bags put out some non-dog shit products that I missed? No one should be supporting these dirty bastards. Shit product is one thing... but lying and spamming the boards with fake positive comments is really low.
    markm, you really gotta stop sugarcoating things my friend, tell us how you really feel. Keeping things bottled up isn't healthy....I've heard.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    I'm a self professed mall ninja and LWRC was over-the-top even for me with the spiral barrels, nickel boron BCGs, etc. Land Warfare Resources Corporation, even the name was bad. In other words, I've never had a desire to own one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Love them or hate them, let's keep the discussion substantive and as fact-based as possible, and avoid dredging old drama.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Backstory?
    Google "Paul Leitner-Wise" if you are interested.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’ll snag one after my next paycheck. I’ll see how it compares to the known quality rifles in the stable and hopefully put together a review with a decent round count sometime in the near ish future

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Google "Paul Leitner-Wise" if you are interested.
    That was some interesting reading.

I think he must have run over this guy's puppy: http://www.leitner-wise.net/index.html

Feedback Score
    I met the new ownership group at a SHOT show event in 2009 I believe in Orlando at an offsite shoot they put on. They changed the name to LWRCI to designate new ownership and I believe still run it. They did nothing but improve every aspect of the product line, quality, and customer svc from what I’ve seen since they took over. I actually converted my primary LMT MRP over to a 10” blackout so I could justify a new LWRC ICA5 10” 556 this year. I’ve not held a nicer gun. There are lots of great guns and we’ve owned a gun shop for 10 years. Out of any SBR at any price it was my pick. Just started shooting it recently so we’ll see how it goes. i did have to put the rail covers on to keep piston gas off my support hand. I shoot it suppressed all the time so I like the piston (I know blasphemy!)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    Piston set ups are more expensive to manufacture because of the piston system and the BCG has to be different as well. Not sure if the gas port is different. LWRC's were also so expensive because of their rail set up. Piston guns are typically proprietary rail too. I had heard even when they were top tier that they were hit or miss accuracy wise.
    Generally lwrci AR 15 is more expensive in general.
    They have a regular forged lowers AMD nothing really special but they command over 2k for their AR 15's.
    And their 308 rifles are way over priced

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    #ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast