Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Current state of LWRC?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    An LWRC M6A2 SPR is the only piston AR I've ever owned; it was an impulse buy during the panic. I've had it since 2012 and have had no issues with it, but I don't shoot it much either. Round count is probably only about 1,000... it's only been out of the safe a handful of times. The spiral fluted barrel is cool and it was my first gun with a NiB BCG which does clean up nice. The trigger and other internals are decent but nothing to write home about. It's accurate, but I haven't done any extensive testing to determine just how accurate. Mine is apparently pre-LWRC furniture and came with a Magpul MIAD, STR and PMAGs. Looks like they are set up a little differently now. It did have LWRC BUIS on it, and an A2.

Its front-heavy. Rail is proprietary. Parts are proprietary. I don't find it any easier to clean or stay any cleaner than my DI guns... it just gets dirty in different places. I'm just really not a fan of piston guns I guess. That's about all I can say. They are good looking, but that's subjective. Admittedly, I've been rolling on the BCM bandwagon for so long that I really can't imagine any guns doing what my current carbines don't already do better, but I wouldn't scoff at the idea of owning one of their DI guns in the future.
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 10-25-17 at 16:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have owned a few of there rifles and they were made well, but i think now that the piston system hasn't gone as mainstream as some may have suspected, LWRC has had to do something to maintain relevance in the current market (which isn't nearly as favorable for manufacturers as it has been in the past).... and putting a $1k DI version out has definitely put a spotlight back on their company. As a semi-poor grad student, I know the deal was tempting enough for me to abandon the idea of getting a rifle length MRP to go with my 10.5". I guess I'll find out next week if that was a good decision or not. I think shooting 2.5moa or better with PMC xtac m193 (my range ammo) and if I can find a good factory load that will shoot moa or a little better, I'll be happy enough to throw my mk4 2.5-8x on it and have a pretty decent mid range shooter.
    "The machine doesn't make the man, the man makes the machine" - Gucci

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345