Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current state of LWRC?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Current state of LWRC?

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Had these bottom feeding scum bags put out some non-dog shit products that I missed? No one should be supporting these dirty bastards. Shit product is one thing... but lying and spamming the boards with fake positive comments is really low.
    I didn't know about that BS. Their compact stocks is GTG. One was given to me by a rep with LWRC. I bought the second here on the EE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 10-17-17 at 16:42.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Now that people are over the piston thing I'm sure they are hurt on sales.
    I'm not sure about that. A few Feds around the DC area have had contracts with them. David

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Had these bottom feeding scum bags put out some non-dog shit products that I missed? No one should be supporting these dirty bastards. Shit product is one thing... but lying and spamming the boards with fake positive comments is really low.
    Backstory?

To OP:
    I use the M6 10.5” for work. We have had no issues and are probably somewhere in the 20k range per gun (including full auto). Our armorer sticks to maintenance/part replacement schedules like glue and that probably helps. I’m no fan of pistons and certainly would never buy one. BUT, I can’t knock these as they work fine and I’ve never heard or seen one go down.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lot of ragging on pistons, doesn't surprise me with this being an ''M4'' forum.
    I am sure many companies jerry rig piston designs and shove them into AR's which could cause problems..
    However actual piston designs that are properly designed and assembled are not bad or inferior to DI in any way. To imply DI is superior to all piston designs is pretty ridiculous.

I love my DI guns, I feel comfortable with them as long as I lube them.
    However my piston guns ( none are piston AR's, but actual piston driven rifles that are more similar to AK's ), all my piston guns have been completely flawless, as in no malfunctions at all. I really do like their designs because I don't need to worry about them being lubed like I do with my DI M4's.

I like both designs, both can be solid weapons, and both can be built poorly. Comparing a Colt M4 to a an Adams Arms is like comparing a Sig 550 to a Delton.
    A Colt M4 that is Properly lubed will perform just as well as a Sig550.

I like lots of guns, and don't wear blinders when I look at the big picture. One of my favorite things about DI AR's is how interchangable parts are, and how I don't have to get bolts headspaced before swapping them out. It is very nice how readily available parts are, and how easy these guns are to work on. I like my piston guns because I have Never had to replace any part on them for thousands of rounds, and they are setup ideally for suppressors.

I love DI, and I love pistons. I can't only keep one system in my safe because I value them both for different reasons.

I haven't owned an LWRC so I can't comment, but I hear many guys have been very happy with their products. I wouldn't mind trying out one of their rifles, and have been considering buying one of their DI guns, or even a piston gun if they sell spare parts for them.

LWRC offers both piston and DI because they want to put out more products for a wider customer base, some Tier1 AR brands only barely started free floating guns like a year ago...

I think people should judge LWRC on their build quality, not if they use pistons or not. From all the people I know who own them, they speak very highly about their QC, and build quality seems nice. They add a lot of features for the money they are asking. For ~ 1000 dollars you can get a DI gun that is free floated with a fluted barrel, full ambi controls, and all the other upgrades it comes with ( cant remember all on top of my head).
    To me it Sounds like LWRC is really trying to bring in good quality for a fair price, and they are giving more features than you get on some expensive AR brands like DD for half the price.

I don't own an LWRC, I have no affiliation.. But what they are trying to do for customers and the AR market is respectable. I vote to buy with confidence.
    Last edited by 5.56 Bonded SP; 10-17-17 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For ~1000$ you really do get a lot of features.. From their website..

LWRCI™ MLOK Free-Float Rail
    NiCorr-treated LWRCI™ DI Gas Block and Gas Tube
    LWRCI™ Cold-Hammer-Forged, NiCorr-treated Barrel
    LWRCI™ A2 Flash Hider
    Type III Hard-Coat Anodize on Receivers and Rails
    Magpul MOE+ Grip and Magpul PMAG
    LWRCI Monoforge™ Upper Receiver
    LWRCI™ Advanced Trigger Guard
    Fully Ambidextrous Lower Controls: Mag Release, Bolt Catch & Release, and Selector
    Mil-Spec, 6-Position Buffer Tube
    H2 Buffer and Mil-Spec Buffer Spring
    LWRCI™ Compact Stock w/ QD sling
    LWRCI™ Ambidextrous Charging Handle
    CALIBER 5.56 NATO
    BARREL 16.1” [40.9cm]
    WEIGHT 6.6lbs [2.9kg]
    O/A LENGTH 32"-35.25" [81.3-89.5cm]
    MUZZLE THREADS 1/2 x 28 TPI
    RIFLING 1:7" RH

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    For years after the initial shooting of a local guy's LWRC I wanted one. Finally decided to bite the bullet this spring...but I had discovered PWS. Ended up going with PWS because they had such a deal going and the inclusion of the Zev trigger meant I only needed an optic and a sling. Same could have been said for the LWRC, but I got my 16.1" MK1Mod2 for under $1,700 shipped and got $150 in PWS store credit.

Haven't shot the PWS a ton but got my Zev installed and now I'm going to order a Steiner P4XI. Excited about it for sure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not up on that history, or did I miss a sarcasm thingie?

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I'm not up on that history, or did I miss a sarcasm thingie?
    I don't any "sarcasm thingie" is missing. markm has been consistently critical of LWRC for quite some time (as in forever).
    Last edited by wetidlerjr; 10-18-17 at 07:13.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Backstory?

To OP:
    I use the M6 10.5” for work. We have had no issues and are probably somewhere in the 20k range per gun (including full auto). Our armorer sticks to maintenance/part replacement schedules like glue and that probably helps. I’m no fan of pistons and certainly would never buy one. BUT, I can’t knock these as they work fine and I’ve never heard or seen one go down.
    I have used a M6A1 14.7 inch, a M6A2 10.5, as my primary rifles the past 3 years and no issues. Before this deployment I got a M6-SL upper to toss on one of my lowers. I have also decided to try the ARX-100 have one of those waiting on me back at the drug dealers house and a Colt M4. You Know I carry a H&K and a LWRCI.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I do not own one, but the ones I have shot were as good as any AR I have ever shot. I do have a PWS which will compete with any .308 AR on the market, but don't know if that's a piston thing, or just because it's a good rifle.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast