Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of LWRC?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    markm is their corporate spokesman. I'm sure he'll be along soon enough to tell you all you want to know about them.

NYH1.

My last agency bought LWRC SBRs and Carbines, and seemed to have good luck with them. Most on this board will either not recommend them, or have not used them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    markm is their corporate spokesman. I'm sure he'll be along soon enough to tell you all you want to know about them.

NYH1.
    Believe me.... I remember. Until I saw these DI guns, I had zero interest. It isn’t 2008 and it’s pretty well established pistons aren’t neccesary, or even beneficial outside of some specific circumstances.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzook View Post
    Did they fix your rifle? And why particularly shouldn’t M855 be shot?
    They fixed it free of charge and no real reason on why just that I should shoot 55 gr. Ended up trading it in... and picking up a sr15.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I have two of their compact stocks. But beyond that I've only shot a few. One FA. It was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    A buddy of mine is a contractor and trainer who uses LWRC piston guns exclusively stateside and overseas. He swears by them.

The only real data point I have is that his gas block cracked around the 25k mark.
    Gas blocks on DI dont crack. There is zero reason to own a piston AR.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    A buddy of mine is a contractor and trainer who uses LWRC piston guns exclusively stateside and overseas.
    This is what I can echo; deployed with a full suite of optics (ACOG, T1, EOTech) to choose from and a Surefire Mini Monster suppressor. They have been using them for a while. Next time I get a chance I'll ask and see if they are still using them...but his input was that they were good guns. IIRC they moved to LWRC from a short HK416 variant.
    Last edited by Shooterman017; 10-17-17 at 00:51.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have any recent experience with LWRC? I heard from a friend the company had changed hands and he believed the quality of products they were putting out had been slipping, but I haven’t been able to find anything to verify this. Back in the day (when piston was fashionable) I had one of their rifles and it ran well for me, but that’s been years and years ago.

A friend just picked up one of their DI individual carbine rifles, and it seems like a pretty solid option for the money.
    I almost got one, but decided to get a very nicely build spr. I think if I was going to buy an sbr it would be between a ddmk18 a bcm 11.5 and an lwrc pdw. I'll give it to lwrc they make a very sexy gun.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I heard from a friend the company had changed hands and he believed the quality of products they were putting out had been slipping
    Had these bottom feeding scum bags put out some non-dog shit products that I missed? No one should be supporting these dirty bastards. Shit product is one thing... but lying and spamming the boards with fake positive comments is really low.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Nothing in particular, just curious if they can still be considered high quality guns. My buddy just paid barely over a thousand for an FDE one, and it seems really nice.

It does seem strange that some of their piston guns cost upwards of two thousand, but they can sell DI guns for right at about a thousand.
    No magic in a standard DI. Do the shit right and it doesn’t need to be expensive.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well they currently sell DI versions of their Piston guns, which says a lot about piston guns. LWRC really rode the piston craze introduced by the non available HK 416. Now that people are over the piston thing I'm sure they are hurt on sales.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast