Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with CZ 30 Round Magazines not ejecting.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Trouble with CZ 30 Round Magazines not ejecting.

I was excited to open my package from CZ-USA today. I ordered twelve 30 Round Magazines at 25% off. Great prices.

None of the 12 magazines will eject with the bolt locked back or closed. The two 20 round magazines that came with the gun jettison from the gun when the magazine release is pressed forward.

The 30's require three hands to remove. It really sucks. I called CZ. They're closed for the night. I will try them in the morning. Anyone else having an issue? These magazines have the American made follower and floor plate. I'll need those two points for 922r.

Thanks.

I stopped at Ace Hardware on the way home for a 21mm deep socket. They didn't have a single. They had a set @ 1/2 price. The habdguard is coming off. In Lead We Trust said my 5.3" bbl was shipped today. For an extra $10 they engraved my name, city and state. That's two more 922r points. I suppose it's 3 with the 3 Lug adapter and threaded end cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Weird - all my 30-round mags run fine. But I bought them months ago. Maybe a different batch?

Do they have some sort of identifying code or stamp on them? If they do, maybe I could compare them to some of mine.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I will check the mags. I couldn't belive my luck. I'm sure they'll make it right. I tried all 12 I figured one would work. Do your 30's positively eject? My 20's fly out to of the gun

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I probably have 20 (30) round mags and they all work perfectly. When I reload though I strip the mag with my hand and insert the new mag.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I am one of those positive retention guys. I remove the old mag, stow it and then insert a fresh one. My CZ Scorpion is a range toy for shooting plate racks with a buddy, I'm not planning on ever using it for defense.

Although with a suppressor, Aimpoint Micro, Surefire light, etc - it would likely work okay. I'd just rather rely on a carbine or shotgun. I'm a creature of habit that way.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

I have to use two hands to remove the Damm Mag! I cold use a third hand. I feels like they're over inserted. They're stuck in there good. I'm tried it with the bolt forward and locked back. The 20's work like they should. I was surprised by how positive ejection was.

There don't appear to be any date codes. The magazine bodies are marked 30. The base plates are marked CZ USA. There is a mark at the top rear of the magazines. I can't read what's in the circle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Military Arms Channel did a video on CZ 30s vs aftermarket ones with steel feed lips. His didn’t eject either, with both mags.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think I remember reading somewhere that many euro guns don’t have drop free mags due to their preference in reloading techniques. Whether or not that has any merit I don’t know.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

I'll try to post a video tomorrow. I'm a fairly rugged guy and it's way beyond stripping the magazine. It's like arm wrestling. I have to point the gun up and take my hand off the grip and grab around the barrel and push the mag release with my left hand and pull the barrel and mag apart. It would be easier if I could hold the gun, press the mag release and have someone else tug the magazine out. My Gen 2 Glock 23 required me to strip the magazines. I'd be OK with that. It's way beyond that. It's physically difficult to do.

Last edited by usmcvet; 10-17-17 at 21:54.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Military Arms Channel did a video on CZ 30s vs aftermarket ones with steel feed lips. His didn’t eject either, with both mags.
    Thanks. I will check it out. It's Mac's damg fault I decided I need one of these. It's a cool little gun. I ahve seen some pretty large accesory mag release paddles. This might be why! I am trying to figure out how to upload a video from my phone so you guys can laugh at me. =)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast