This is an offshoot of my thread here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...new-CCW-pistol! Read it and you will understand what is going on. TL;DR is that I'm looking to EDC a 1911 as I shoot them better than any handgun out there essentially. A Kimber Ultra CDP performed best for me with a very broken in trigger, it felt amazing but the grip was too short. Even so it out shot everything else. So now I'm looking for the best 1911 I can find for CCW. The requirements are:

- Commander sized or similar (officer is too small in the hand, full size is too long in the holster).

- 9mm.

- <32oz unloaded (lighter the better).

- <$1500 (The more I save, the more I can shoot).

With that in mind, I've spent a lot of time researching and I think I've found all of the qualifying candidates, which are as follows (all in 9mm of course, organized from least to most expensive according to slickguns):

1.) Kimber Pro Carry II for $605.

2.) Ruger SR1911 6722 for $655.

3.) Springfield Armory Range Officer Elite Champion 9mm (what a name) for $850.

4.) Colt Lightweight Commander for $890.

5.) Colt Clapp LW Commander $990.

5.) Springfield EMP 4in for $930.

6.) Dan Wesson Valkyre Commander for $1290.

7.) Dan Wesson Guardian for $1305.

Of the list I've only shot the Kimber's smaller borther and the Colt LW, and I will not be able to shoot any of the others before I make my decision unfortunately. Priorities are obviously reliability>speed>accuracy>everything else as this is a CCW gun. However I will say that if the accuracy and trigger aren't great, I'm not sure why I'd get a 1911, so I'm willing to spend more for that. To reiterate, that Kimber I shot was amazing, outrunning my Cajun CZ P-01 from an officer frame. If I knew one (or all) of these 1911s would perform out of the box like that Kimber did, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. So, which would you pick and why given my constraints? Can I get away with the Ruger or do I need to spend DW money to get what I want? Does it make more sense to get a DW or buy something like the SA RO Elite and get it tuned with the extra $400 I would have spent on the DW? Is Kimber such a QC crap shoot that it is best avoided even at the price point? Am I missing any 1911s that should be on the list?

Thanks for your help and suggestions. And I'm still looking for a smith that can mount an RMR if anyone has suggestions on that, Fusion Firearms at $130 for the cut and a 10 day turn around is the current smith to beat.