Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Commander 1911 for CCW, Help Me Choose!

Feedback Score
    The answer to every question is not Glock 19. The man asked for input on a 1911, not a mediocre polymer pistol that still needs a ton of work to be any good.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner505 View Post
    The answer to every question is not Glock 19. The man asked for input on a 1911, not a mediocre polymer pistol that still needs a ton of work to be any good.
    Missed my point, no need to carry a steel framed commanders, carry a lightweight! (As in alloy framed)

Love my PPQ/P99s, but still carry a LW cmdr just because I like it, and missed having one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner505 View Post
    Man's got a point.

I think I would try a Dan Wesson Valkyrie. Or save up for a Wilson. Or just get that tier one thousand glock 19 and instagram it

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly.

A 1911 guy is making the claim that a Glock 19 requires “a ton of work to be any good”?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly.

A 1911 guy is making the claim that a Glock 19 requires “a ton of work to be any good”?
    Thread meltdown imminent.

Please evacuate all necessary personnel as soon as possible.

Repeat, meltdown imminent. Evacuate all necessary personnel.

Don't usually see that much irony in a day on M4C. Haha.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 10-19-17 at 07:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Let's not. Please, let's not.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ok, As generally a glock guy because that is also the work gun. I do favor the 19 and I don't think you have to do anything to it to be reliable but if you want to Google 25cent trigger job, some skateboard tape for the grip and decent night sights. that would put you in an extremely reliable 15 round gun.
    On the 1911, I carried one for years in the 90's ,Series 70 Colt Combat Commander .45 Steel worked by NOVAKS. Its still one of my favorites but I just don't carry it anymore as it is heavy and single stacked with 8 rounds. I thought a few years ago there would be another 10 round ban after a school shooting and wanted a good 10 round single stack so I found a series 70 Colt Combat Commander in 38 super. 10 rounds of 38 super, worked by Combat Precision. its a hammer. but the all steel gun weighs more than I would like to carry on my hip on a daily basis.
    If you favor the 1911 then get it. make sure its reliable, it has served many people well over the years, but don't discount the other options that are available today. I carry the glock for personal protection and for work. I like the simplicity of one platform to train on across the board.

Feedback Score
    Dan Wesson. Wilson Combat quality at a Kimber price.

Feedback Score
    my 1911 carry gun is a steel RIA officers frame with a RIA commander slide and Storm Lake bushingless barrel caliber 45 acp. Harrison retro rear sight and white dot front sight. 4lb trigger(long trigger) and after a little extractor tuning it's 100% reliable with my 200 gr swc reloads, 230 gr factory ball, and the 185 gr Gold Dot HP ammo. The most important thing to me is reliability, not whether my gun says Baer or Wilson etc. Bring on the snobs......Mike

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Many years ago I carried an old school LW Colt Commander ,45 for work. I LOVED that gun, shot it well, and the ivories on it just were the frosting on the cake. Unfortunately the frame finally cracked at the slide stop pin hole, and even though I had the frame replaced, it was never as reliable again. About that time the management weenies discovered I was using too good a gun and clipped my wings.

I stayed LW Commanderless until Ruger came out with their version. I don't burn through ammo like I used to, but it's a better shooter than it has a right to be. I prefer the old look, but I can live with this one. If it does become my EDC (a possibility) I may have to put ivories on this one too. And if it breaks--no big deal, I'll just send it in.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast