Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What replacement sights for Glock Gen 5?

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    I use Haley Strategic Thirteen Sights on Glock I own now after running them for the last 2 years on my Lonewolf Glock. Picked up a Gen 5 17 and immediately got the HSP sights. No difference in POA/POI for me.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    I like Ameriglo Hackathorns. Plain rear nice bright front post. Ameriglo makes great aftermarket Glock sights.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Gen 5s need taller front sights to maintain the same POI of previous gens. Dawson is selling specific gen 5 sights. Something to do with how they lock up differently.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    Gen 5s need taller front sights to maintain the same POI of previous gens. Dawson is selling specific gen 5 sights. Something to do with how they lock up differently.
    Not my experience and I now own seven Gen 5 Glocks. And once again, if you are looking for some kind of super-dooper target/match grade handgun...the Glock ain't it. Want a handgun that puts rounds *effectively* on target? Glock all the way.

Feedback Score
    I went ahead and installed the steel sights from my gen 4 “summer special”. I cannot see any difference in height between the stock gen 5 sights and the “summer special” sights.

The stock plastic front sight was already getting beat up from a JM custom kydex IWB holster...

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRSTNG View Post
    Not my experience and I now own seven Gen 5 Glocks. And once again, if you are looking for some kind of super-dooper target/match grade handgun...the Glock ain't it. Want a handgun that puts rounds *effectively* on target? Glock all the way.
    I don't know what you're trying to suggest, here.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    I don't know what you're trying to suggest, here.
    I don't think he does either.

It's a pretty well accepted fact that Gen 5 9MMs need different sights than Gen 4 for a similar POA-POI relationship.

Or maybe Ameriglo just makes Gen 5 specifics sights for $hits and grins????

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I don't think he does either.

It's a pretty well accepted fact that Gen 5 9MMs need different sights than Gen 4 for a similar POA-POI relationship.

Or maybe Ameriglo just makes Gen 5 specifics sights for $hits and grins????
    I think he was saying that he doesn’t care how accurate his sights are or what his zero is. That’s what I took from it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    I think he was saying that he doesn’t care how accurate his sights are or what his zero is. That’s what I took from it.
    Confused as well. I was going to respond but deleted it as it looked like he was “baiting”. I didnt see where anyone stated that the glock is match grade or capable of 1” groups at 50 or even 25yds, so i can only assume he created an argument to argue.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone put night sights on a Gen 5 26? I will be getting one soon, and I would like to put Heinie's on it. I saw they offer a Gen 5 specific model, so I think I should be ok.
    A

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast