Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What replacement sights for Glock Gen 5?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So 10-8 claims the sights didn’t change.....

This is from their website when I was looking at their rear sight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    For those of you who like the Trijicon HD's. https://www.armsunlimited.com/Trijic...al-p/gl101.htm

Feedback Score
    I have the Trijicon HDs on my 19, but if I were to buy today I would most likely get the Night Fision Accur8 sights.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chingon View Post
    I replaced my G19X night sights to Ameriglo yellow night sights. i was not a fan of the original sights on the G19X

Attachment 53477
    Are these gen 5 specific sights or no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I really like Glock brand night sites. They’re relatively inexpensive, bright and they work. If you’re not a night site person, Glock standard steel sites cannot be beat. Easy to use, fairly accurate and inexpensive.

The Agent Sites are good but I haven’t had luck with them with getting proper POA/POI. Of course, I’m lazy and don’t want to purchase different height sites to experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    For the Gen 5 Glock 17 I'd like to put steel sights on it, either night sights or not.

Does anybody have some pointers on what to get?

Sight height?

Do all aftermarket sights for the Glock 17 fit the Gen 5?

Feedback Score
    I have Ameriglo Hackathorn's on my G19.4 & the I-dots on my G17.4. The big orange circle on both really draws my old eyes to the front sight. After eight months of shooting my 19x I'm not really happy with the factory sights that came on my it, so I'm going to replace them with either the I-Dots or Hacks. I just haven't decided which.

Looking on Ameriglo's web site, they have the same sight sets for Gen 5, but they have different part numbers than the other generations. They don't list the sight heights , so I'm not sure if there's an actual difference or not.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironbutt View Post
    I have Ameriglo Hackathorn's on my G19.4 & the I-dots on my G17.4. The big orange circle on both really draws my old eyes to the front sight. After eight months of shooting my 19x I'm not really happy with the factory sights that came on my it, so I'm going to replace them with either the I-Dots or Hacks. I just haven't decided which.

Looking on Ameriglo's web site, they have the same sight sets for Gen 5, but they have different part numbers than the other generations. They don't list the sight heights , so I'm not sure if there's an actual difference or not.
    I just put hackathorns on my 19x last night. They’re NOT the gen 5 specific hackathorns so we will see how they shoot here soon, opens at 10. I can tell you they come with the .165” front sight. I’ll post after after I’m done.

Feedback Score
    So, after installing the ameriglo hackathorn sights for glocks other than gen 5, I’d say they’re shooting poa using the combat sight pic.

This is 10yds

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    Am I correct in assuming this is the corresponding steel sight for the 6.1 polymer one currently on my 17.5 or are these designed for Gen 1-4? Someone earlier indicated the polymer Gen 5 6.1 notch was wider than the previous 6.1 sight.

https://store.teamglock.com/gun-part...ght-6-1mm.html

I enjoy the Glock sight picture and just want a steel set.
    Gen4 23 notch width .365 Gen5 26 .625

Front sights on G4 19+23 .61

front on G5 26 .575 rear is marked 6.1 reading from the top of the slide to the top of the rear sight 5.8

front G4 17 6.6 / rear 6.6 of the slide to the top of the sight

'nuther G4 17 front 6.1 / rear 6.8 off the slide to the top of the sight

And just because I have a G21

G4 21 front 6.3 / rear 8.1

We're all over the friggin map here boys and girls.............

I installed some Ameriglo's

G4 19 with FBI Agent Ameriglo front 8.0 / rear 7.5 top of slide to the top of the sight

Not sure where my numbers are supposed to be measured on from the rear sights.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910