Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What replacement sights for Glock Gen 5?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I too am curious if Trijicon HDs would work on the Gen5. I like the Ameriglos but I have HDs on all my G19s and would like to keep the sight pictures the same. Do they require different height sights from previous Gens?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I installed factory gen 4 height Glock sights on my gen 5. No problem there. Also the fbi sights are ridiculously brighter. You DO NOT LOOK AT THE TRITIUM VIALS. Never line three dots up by the dots....unless it is night time. The only reason you ever use the rear dots with the front is for a sight picture in the dark. The idea of the fbi sights is like trijicon hds. Just a better application. Have fbi sights in hand very nicely built. When sight picture comes up you have a giant front orange dot in between the black rear. About as fast as you get besides fiber. But with the advantage of a sight picture in ALL types of lighting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bear13 View Post
    I installed factory gen 4 height Glock sights on my gen 5. No problem there. Also the fbi sights are ridiculously brighter. You DO NOT LOOK AT THE TRITIUM VIALS. Never line three dots up by the dots....unless it is night time. The only reason you ever use the rear dots with the front is for a sight picture in the dark. The idea of the fbi sights is like trijicon hds. Just a better application. Have fbi sights in hand very nicely built. When sight picture comes up you have a giant front orange dot in between the black rear. About as fast as you get besides fiber. But with the advantage of a sight picture in ALL types of lighting.
    I actually ordered the Dawson sights: bright front red fiber optic, black rear. I've learned from shooting that as long as you can see the front sight, the rear just needs a wide notch with plenty of light on either side of the front sight and you don't need dots on the rear. To boot: in the dark I'll have a bright hand-held tactical flashlight in the other hand anyway. On top of that, if I have to shoot a perp in the bedroom I probably won't take the time to line up the sights perfectly.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

What replacement sights for Glock Gen 5?

Fair enough. I have ran fiber. I have also had fiber break. Hence why to me these fire on all cylinders.

Black rear. Whatever color front attracts your eyes is one of the fastest sight pictures.

These just came today. Waiting install
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have a request: since we don't know 100% if the Gen 5's require a different sight height.....

If you purchase sights meant for previous generations, would you for the benefit of other members test them out on your pistol and report back to us if they shot to POA on your Gen 5?

That would make this thread much more useful.

I personally think we will find out fairly quickly that most will be fine, but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 10-19-17 at 17:21.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I have a request: since we don't know 100% if the Gen 5's require a different sight height.....

If you purchase sights meant for previous generations, would you for the benefit of other members test them out on your pistol and report back to us if they shot to POA on your Gen 5?

That would make this thread much more useful.

I personally think we will find out fairly quickly that most will be fine, but I could be wrong.
    I literally just wrote that I had installed gen 4 sights on my gen 5. The first time I responded to you

Feedback Score
    I literally just wrote that I had installed gen 4 sights on my gen 5. The first time I responded to you
    I know. Thank you for that. I was obviously addressing other members who might join this thread showing off what they bought. In fact, you gave me the idea to make the request. Fair enough?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I know. Thank you for that. I was obviously addressing other members who might join this thread showing off what they bought. In fact, you gave me the idea to make the request. Fair enough?
    The only time anyone made this a real issue was dawson. The fbi sights have to be a different height. They use 147 grn ammunition.

Feedback Score
    The only time anyone made this a real issue was dawson. The fbi sights have to be a different height. They use 147 grn ammunition.

Full disclosure: I didn't get out the calipers and measure my front sight, but shooting the pistol for the first time I thought the sight picture was "different" somehow and I kept looking at it thinking, "Are the sights taller or is there more light on either side of the front sight making it look taller?" Could be either one.

Could just be my perception. Since I don't keep track of what sights Glock installs on which pistols it wouldn't have done me any good to look for markings on the sights themselves. Since I've installed XS Big Dots on my other Glocks I couldn't exactly compare two pistols side-by-side either.

It's good to know what other people are putting on their Gen 5's though, just to establish the knowledge base. We've already seen from another thread and on other boards that the pistols seem to be zeroed better in a lot of cases with the rear sight drifted to the right a hair. Mine is.

The point is I'm assuming sights made for previous generations will be fine for the Gen 5 but then again it's good to get multiple reports one way or another.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 10-19-17 at 17:51.

Feedback Score
    86 (99%)
    I have three gen5 G17s and two gen5 19s. I have used Heinie, Ameriglo Defoor, Dawson and meprolight sights on them. All of the mentioned sights are marketed and sold as gen3/ gen4 sights and all have shot poa/ poi.
    9/11/01
    Never forget, Never forgive

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast