Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Ford Sucks (advice needed, venting..)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I cuss at my Ford 10 times a day.

My next will be a Toyota but meh....part of the fun of a Ford is having something to cuss about.

At least it isnt a Chevy. They are the Pepsi of Cars.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Document when it happens, take out your phone, turn on the video camera and take a video of it. Make sure to get shots of what you feet are doing, what the gauges are doing, and verify out the window its not moving.

Document every time it goes to the dealer. Make clear you feel unsafe in the car.

After you have captured at least two times on video, take it to the dealer. Tell them you want it fixed, or you want a different car. Tell them you feel unsafe and will sue the ver living shit out of them if this ever causes you to have an accident.

If it ever causes you to have an accident sue the shit out of every one and their mother. You will have good evidence and a paper trail.

It sounds like you have a problem either mechanically with the transmission or the computer that controls it. An intermittent problem can not be diagnosed if it is not happening, at my shop we tell customers to bring their car back when its more/perminently broken. Try to break your car. Power brake it, hold down the gas and brake at the same time, it may shut down electronically on a newer car but give it a shot. Do you ever notice something you do that it happens more frequently after? If so do this a lot. Its under warranty, break and they'll fix it.

Ride out your lease, take it as a lesson learned. Then never lease a car again and never buy American again. American cars are crap. I will not be guilted into buying a sub par product because its my patriot duty. I'll buy an American car when they make a decent product. Till then it will remain German cars only for me.

If the Tesla model 3 turns out to be any good it will be the first American car I buy.

Feedback Score
    What does the VIN start with??

Most of you who are buying non American cars, are buying American cars.

And most of you who think you are buying American cars, are buying non American cars.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    After driving the piss out of Ford, Chevy and dodge as Work vehicles, I will only spend my own money on Chevy. They just last longer.

Feedback Score
    I’ve had mixed luck with Fords, but recurring, goofy electrical problems can happen to any brand and are a bear to fix. Have you tried a different Ford shop? That could be a help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Document when it happens, take out your phone, turn on the video camera and take a video of it. Make sure to get shots of what you feet are doing, what the gauges are doing, and verify out the window its not moving.

Document every time it goes to the dealer. Make clear you feel unsafe in the car.

After you have captured at least two times on video, take it to the dealer. Tell them you want it fixed, or you want a different car. Tell them you feel unsafe and will sue the ver living shit out of them if this ever causes you to have an accident.

If it ever causes you to have an accident sue the shit out of every one and their mother. You will have good evidence and a paper trail.

It sounds like you have a problem either mechanically with the transmission or the computer that controls it. An intermittent problem can not be diagnosed if it is not happening, at my shop we tell customers to bring their car back when its more/perminently broken. Try to break your car. Power brake it, hold down the gas and brake at the same time, it may shut down electronically on a newer car but give it a shot. Do you ever notice something you do that it happens more frequently after? If so do this a lot. Its under warranty, break and they'll fix it.

Ride out your lease, take it as a lesson learned. Then never lease a car again and never buy American again. American cars are crap. I will not be guilted into buying a sub par product because its my patriot duty. I'll buy an American car when they make a decent product. Till then it will remain German cars only for me.

If the Tesla model 3 turns out to be any good it will be the first American car I buy.
    Been trying to get it on vid forever. By taking the phone out, it guarantees the m-fer will not do it. I do have one of the others things it does on vid, but not the main problem. Told them repeatedly the car was dangerous and someone will get hurt if it does that at the wrong time. My GF refuses to drive it currently. Right now, I'll probably ride out the lease as much as that pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    What does the VIN start with??

Most of you who are buying non American cars, are buying American cars.

And most of you who think you are buying American cars, are buying non American cars.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    IFM5K

When buying Japanese cars, I check the vin to make sure what I'm buying was built in Japan.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-18-17 at 14:55.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Check the lemon law in your state. Both NY and FL should have pro-consumer ones.

Cousin-in-law is a professional mechanic who started at a Ford dealer, and I've read this online also: Ford pays very little for warranty work and tolerates failures to fix, so there is a strong incentive to spend no real time on warranty claims. Same person is now an in-house mechanic for an ambulance service, working on mostly Ford and GM trucks. AFAIK he has little preference between the Big 2, but keep in mind he buys used and will personally fix things, not deal with dealers.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I’ve had mixed luck with Fords, but recurring, goofy electrical problems can happen to any brand and are a bear to fix. Have you tried a different Ford shop? That could be a help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have not. One I have been using is a big regional dealership close by, but I could try another. I just don't want to go #4 and yet have no commitment from Ford at all what happens id that does not work. What then, #5?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Check the lemon law in your state. Both NY and FL should have pro-consumer ones.

Cousin-in-law is a professional mechanic who started at a Ford dealer, and I've read this online also: Ford pays very little for warranty work and tolerates failures to fix, so there is a strong incentive to spend no real time on warranty claims. Same person is now an in-house mechanic for an ambulance service, working on mostly Ford and GM trucks. AFAIK he has little preference between the Big 2, but keep in mind he buys used and will personally fix things, not deal with dealers.
    Tricky part here is, purchased in MA.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    As a side affect of my job I spend copious amounts of time in third party transportation taking myself and my conductor to and from trains. For the past 10 years and 9 months I have been in a Chevrolet/GMC Suburban or a Ford Expedition or Excursion at least 4 days a week being taxied to or from a train I'm assigned to operate for the day.

My observations:

The Chevy/GMC Suburbans last longer and have far fewer problems than the Fords.

Suburbans with over 400K on the odometer are very common, plus they also see tons of idle time. I have not seen any of the Fords make it that long before they are sold off or scrapped out.

Maintenance on these vehicles is not up to the standards that a private owner would probably provide.

The GM gen III (LS/Vortex) cam in block small block V8 is damn near indestructible, they will run almost indefinitely it seems.

The 5.4L Triton V8 in the Ford is complete garbage in comparison. Not uncommon to smell antifreeze in the exhaust with only 200K on these. There are a few Ecoboost V6's running around but no long term observations can be made yet.

GM transmissions are also far more reliable than those in the Fords. Transmission problems are the number one reason for the Fords being bad ordered according to the drivers.

Interiors in both wear about as expected, the layout of the GM is more comfortable for rear seat passengers. Plus the Suburbans ride better.

Given a choice to buy a new one, I'd actually gladly take a brand new Suburban with the 6.2L. I wouldn't be interested in a new Expedition at all, although the Ecoboost is an intriguing engine. I'd also be happy with a GM pickup and may go that route when my Toyota Tundra is due for replacement in another 5 years or so.

Ford does not currently produce any passenger car that I would buy. Our last purchase was a 2015 Chevrolet SS, because a 4 door sedan with an LS3 V8, magnetic shocks, Brembo brakes, and a torque vectoring rear diff is farking hilarious. No one else seemed interested in making a fun to drive 4 door that can be acquired for rational amounts of money, and serviced in the hinterlands where we live.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast