Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ear Pro Help: MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X vs 3M Peltor ComTac III

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Everybody needs comms.

Shoot. Move. Commmmunicate

Feedback Score
    I'm a lowly pleb, lacking team mates to comms with. My Peltor Comtac IIIs w/ out comms just kick all kinds of ass. My next set will have comms, and if i could go back in time, I'd have spent the extra scrilla for the comms. Dem gel cups is like ear labia: veal cutlets cradling your listening bits during range time. What's not to love?

Feedback Score
    I have a set of each. MSA Sordins are nice, especially with the gel-filled ear seals. However, if you have a large head or plan to use the ear muffs with a helmet, the Sordins might not be optimal for you.

3M Peltor ComTac XPI are IMHO the best active ear muffs you can get, and they fit perfectly well with most helmets too. Quality is comparable to Sordins, but the design and fit is better, and you can also easily adjust the electronic features. I often use the "plug mode", which increases the speech amplification and enables you to use dual protection with ear plugs.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    Dem gel cups is like ear labia: veal cutlets cradling your listening bits during range time. What's not to love?

I've never heard nor read anyone sexualize ears in such a fashion. BRAVO!

That being said, while in the employ of Uncle Sam, I used both the Sordins and Peltors. The Peltors wore better under my MICH, and when at the range the mic folded up and out of the way a lot better as well. However, the Sordins I found to be more durable. I currently have a pair that is about ten years old that had been subjected to a fair amount of abuse in far of places. I even cut all the comms leads and the mic off solely for range use and they still work just fine.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve been issued both Peltors and Sordins. The Sordins actually fit better under my MICH. Go figure. I had to dx a couple sets of Peltors; kept the same Sordins for like 5 years, so the durability edge goes to Sordins. Sordins don’t “clip” like Peltors, so if you need to hear your shot timer while John Boy and Ricky Bobby are dumping mags at the berm, go with Sordins. The PTT that comes with Sordins is much better than the one that comes with Peltors (opinion). Peltors cost way more.

Most guys felt the Peltors were more comfortable, and I suspect they felt they look cooler, too. I guess I’m an odd dude with an odd shaped head.

The “Military Arms Channel” guy reports having issues with rain with Sordins and sent two pairs back, then switched to Safariland Liberator DEHP. Anyone know anything about that or have problems with their Sordins? I’m in the market for an upgrade to my personal earpro (Peltor 6P, currently).

Edit: Page 3 of this forum has some related earpro threads.
    Last edited by 1168; 11-14-17 at 07:08. Reason: Add

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have both, the Sordins are 6-7 years old and have been sent to SRS once for a rebuild. The Comtacs sound better and block more noise IMO but I already have an issue with the right ear not turning on, unit is less than a year old. Whatever you pick, make sure to get the gel upgrade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12