Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up clone dorks: Brownells now selling complete Colt M4 lowers ($244 shipped)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    BAckordered 2 lowers from Brownells for $216 or whatever with all the discounts, then ordered 4 of the uppers from AU. Gonna strip them, too.

This is a great time for Colt lovers!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by young_gun View Post
    I believe it's called Citristrip or Citrus Strip. It comes in an orange container and they sell it at Home Depot in the paint section next to acetone and all of that other paint stripper stuff. Not 100% sure but I think it's non toxic too.
    That's it. Got mine at Walmart and worked great.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    How does the finish look once stripped?

Eta: upper shipped already. Given that I'm local, may have it in hand tomorrow.
    Last edited by Vegas; 10-20-17 at 18:38.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yup, my uppers are on the way as well. For the price it was too good to pass up. I too am curious how the finish underneath the hydro dip will look. I plan on using de-natured alcohol to remove the hydro dip finish. Of the other chemicals available, from my experience citristrip is the least offensive. It really shines on wood. No pun intended.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I only picked up one, which I will probably regret. Anymore would have been spare and we all know what happens to spare parts!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by young_gun View Post
    I believe it's called Citristrip or Citrus Strip. It comes in an orange container and they sell it at Home Depot in the paint section next to acetone and all of that other paint stripper stuff. Not 100% sure but I think it's non toxic too.
    Biodegradable and smells better, but don't think it is non toxic....eye and skin irritant for sure.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I snagged a Colt stripped upper from AU as well. For that price, I'll just use Aervoe on it and be happy.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    glad i picked 2 of these up after i got the email , probably should have grabbed a few more

they did ship really fast. i got my shipping email about an hour after i ordered

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Heads up clone dorks: Brownells now selling complete Colt M4 lowers ($244 shipped)

I'm trying to figure out what bbl assembly to use. I want to go with a standard FSP. I was going to to spin and upper together but there are a ton of the 6920 uppers on GB for shirt money. $299 for a barreled upper. $400 with a BCG & CH. I don't need another CH or BCG but for another $101 it's a no brainer. Where are you guys buying your barrel assemblies? I looked at BCM but didn't see any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 10-21-17 at 09:41.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what bbl assembly to use. I want to go with a standard FSP. I was going to to spin and upper together but there are a ton of the 6920 uppers on GB for shirt money. $299 for a barreled upper. $400 with a BCG & CH. I don't need another CH or BCG but for another $101 it's a no brainer.

I have the same problem... good problem to have...

Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast