Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up clone dorks: Brownells now selling complete Colt M4 lowers ($244 shipped)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have another one coming in tomorrow, if anything has changed I’ll update. This will be the third batch shipping.

Feedback Score
    Finally got my lower after a month. I'm not impressed with comms from Brownell's this time, but they usually get it right.

The good: excellent deal, functions 100%. Appears the small parts are 100% identical to my Colt factory rifles. However, the trigger is much smoother and about a pound lighter. The staking is excellent as one expects from Colt.

The bad: there is the now stereotypical light "L" on the rollmark. This doesn't bother me at all. Also, the color of the anodizing is inconsistent. Again, not an issue for me. The "H" on the buffer apparently stands for Helen Keller as the stamper because it's way off center as others have reported. Again, non-issue for me.

The ugly: the grip screw wasn't secured and required significant tightening. The safety had zero resistance due to the loose grip screw.

I've tightened it up and functioned checked it after installing a factory 6920 upper that I took off my 2012 LE 6920 to build an SBR. Overall, quite pleased with the deal and function of the rifle, despite the "blem" and the loose grip screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It was curious to me that it says 'Colt Defense, Hartford, Conn' on the side. Colt Defense is in West Hartford...which wouldn't matter at all, unless you were filling out a form 1, and thought it was important that was marked on the rifle matched what was on the form 1.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    It was curious to me that it says 'Colt Defense, Hartford, Conn' on the side. Colt Defense is in West Hartford...which wouldn't matter at all, unless you were filling out a form 1, and thought it was important that was marked on the rifle matched what was on the form 1.
    Both of mine say Colt Defense, Hartford, Conn. Like ghostly's the triggers on mine are very good and the internals look like standard Colt to me (hammer markings etc). Roll marks are crisp. I'm very happy with the two I got.
    Last edited by rocketman; 11-17-17 at 05:11.
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    Dang there went another half a grand to Brownells. I don't need them but I guess I'll have a beater Colt now or to SBR. Time to watch Bravo Co. to complete.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Picked up my add'l ones last night @ my FFL.

Same as before -- nothing really notable to report on; buy with confidence, folks. Again, I am genuinely impressed with the USGI triggers these came with. Not sure what kinda magical fairy dust the armorers sprinkled on it at the factory, but it's as-good-if-not-better than the ALG ACT's a couple of my other rigs.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That's why I always put a round steel rod in the receiver extension when I stake the nut.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Apologies in advance for the spam, but

Here are pics of the actual trigger group (in case anybody is interested):

Of note, is the 'C' marking on the disconnector.

Here's a couple pics of mine showing the cosmetic issues others have called out:

Nothing to be concerned about IMHO, but if you're building a safe queen, I'm sorry to disappoint.
    Last edited by ^Rb; 11-18-17 at 19:08. Reason: sold trigger

Feedback Score
    Wished this was offered last year in Kalifornia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ^Rb View Post
    In case anybody is interested, I'm selling the mil-spec trigger out of one of my lowers for $35 shipped over @ EE. Link here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...pped&p=2563457

Here are pics of the actual trigger group (in case anybody is interested):

Of note, is the 'C' marking on the disconnector.

Here's a couple pics of mine showing the cosmetic issues others have called out:

Nothing to be concerned about IMHO, but if you're building a safe queen, I'm sorry to disappoint.

I’m sure it will sell quick as that is a great price, but I’m not sure the rapage of the mods will be worth it for posting a sales item in this section. 😝
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast