Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up clone dorks: Brownells now selling complete Colt M4 lowers ($244 shipped)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Long time reader of this forum, finally joined, and first post. But...thank you! I've been studying up on AR platforms and wanted to get something as close as possible to a Colt M4 and so today took the plunge on this lower deal from Brownells, got it $20 off and free shipping, plus the 4% cash back from Active Junkie, then hopped on. Gunbroker and got the upper mentioned in this thread. Now I just have decide on a handguard and I'm all set with a genuine Colt AR! Many thanks.
    Last edited by VALG17; 10-31-17 at 06:11.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Was that for backordered ones...? That certainly seems like a long wait for items ordered that were in stock. Brownells is typically pretty good about that sort of thing.
    Yes that is for the back ordered lowers.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I know this isn't exactly on track with the original topic, but how did your Colt uppers turn out? One of mine looks kind of like paste or glue was slopped through it.

Stick did you strip yours?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VALG17 View Post
    Long time reader of this forum, finally joined, and first post. But...thank you! I've been studying up on AR platforms and wanted to get something as close as possible to a Colt M4 and so today took the plunge on this lower deal from Brownells, got it $20 off and free shipping, plus the 4% cash back from Active Junkie, then hopped on. Gunbroker and got the upper mentioned in this thread. Now I just have decide on a handguard and I'm all set with a genuine Colt AR! Many thanks.
    Welcome Aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Howdy Gents,
    Just got a pkg from Brownells with some colt goodies. Small parts to assemble my uppers. I put a take off 6920 barrel and now have an all colt upper waiting on those back ordered brownells lowers to come in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jl1288; 11-01-17 at 14:33.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Stick did you strip yours?

Negative ghostrider, not yet. I've spent more time looking at the patterns and wondering how they match up with existing ones I have on hand. I don't need it to "match", I just want to see if tone, hue and generic colors are close enough. I'm guessing they will be.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jurassic View Post
    Yes that is for the back ordered lowers.
    Thank you sir.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jl1288 View Post
    Yes one of my three looked pretty bad on the inside. That was the first one I stripped using denatured alcohol. I posted photos of it. The second I stripped using citristrip (thanks for the tip Stickman) it turned out much nicer.
    Always happy to see tips help people.

I think I'll take the one with stuff inside and play stripper with it.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jl1288 View Post
    Howdy Gents,
    Just got a pkg from Brownells with some colt goodies. Small parts to assemble my uppers. I put a take off 6920 barrel and now have an all colt upper waiting on those back ordered brownells lowers to come in.
    Looks good!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Heads up clone dorks: Brownells now selling complete Colt M4 lowers ($244 shipped)

Negative ghostrider, not yet. I've spent more time looking at the patterns and wondering how they match up with existing ones I have on hand. I don't need it to "match", I just want to see if tone, hue and generic colors are close enough. I'm guessing they will be.
    I just checked my email. I ordered a cheap 1 point bungee single point sling to try with my CZ Scorpion. It's on back order holding up the rest of my order. I canceled the sling. Bring on the uppers!

Last edited by usmcvet; 11-02-17 at 23:27.

Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast