Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up clone dorks: Brownells now selling complete Colt M4 lowers ($244 shipped)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You can zoom in on the picture at Brownell's. It APPEARS to be marked M4 CARBINE CAL 5.56MM with an LE prefix serial.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Hmmm - how hard is it to strip off the hydrodip?

I would seriously consider grabbing five or six if I could take that color off.
    I just ordered a few to play around with. I'll try alcohol first, if that doesn't work I'll spray it with paint stripper. I don't need them to look perfect, or really even all that close to perfect.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks guys -- bought one of those uppers as well. This is beginning to be an interesting project....

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Were these uppers in stock yesterday? I searched for a Colt upper on there yesterday and it either wasn't there or I completely missed it. Anyway, just ordered one for a KAC lower with Colt LPK and A2 stock that I'll be building out. I dig the camo but it has to go. I'm thinking cerakote both lower and upper. Thanks for posting the upper!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Hmmm - how hard is it to strip off the hydrodip?

I would seriously consider grabbing five or six if I could take that color off.
    I've always wanted to do a paint job on a carbine like Pat Rodgers did to all of his. This might get me to do it. I bought the paint a few years ago. Looks like denatured alcohol will remove it. https://youtu.be/bYZ8Bo7Wevw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I bought some of the orange gel stuff and took really thick paint off a Troy rail. Let me find the name of it. If you leave it on for like 40-60 mins, the paint literally peels off.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHorne View Post
    I bought some of the orange gel stuff and took really thick paint off a Troy rail. Let me find the name of it. If you leave it on for like 40-60 mins, the paint literally peels off.
    Naval Jelly? That might take the base finish off too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Colt Uppers are now out of stock. I'm always late to the party. I would have picked up at least 3x of these.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHorne View Post
    I believe it's called Citristrip or Citrus Strip. It comes in an orange container and they sell it at Home Depot in the paint section next to acetone and all of that other paint stripper stuff. Not 100% sure but I think it's non toxic too.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalE View Post
    Code M7L should get you $20 off $200 and free shipping. Not quite the same deal, but close enough.
    Thanks, placed a back order today!

Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast