Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up clone dorks: Brownells now selling complete Colt M4 lowers ($244 shipped)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Anyone have any better luck stripping these receivers? I used denatured alcohol on this one and the results are not stellar.
    I spent a solid hour and a half, alternating soaking the upper for 15min at a time and rubbing with a shop rag and scrubbing with a nylon brush.
    I'm curious how citrus strip will come out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jl1288 View Post
    Anyone have any better luck stripping these receivers? I used denatured alcohol on this one and the results are not stellar.
    I spent a solid hour and a half, alternating soaking the upper for 15min at a time and rubbing with a shop rag and scrubbing with a nylon brush.
    Mine all look about the same. I am wondering what luck people have had with citristrip.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Get the citristrip from WalMart.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I picked up the citristrip after my initial messing with denatured alcohol. Mine looks a bit better than yours but still is kinda cloudy in spots.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    First, know ahead of time that they are not going to turn black and beautiful for you. I will say that if you sprayed that with CLP, you might find it MUCH closer to what you were hoping for.

My plan, if and when they ever arrive, is to spray them with citristrip. However, since I wanted these for beater/ worn/ paint builds, it won't matter to me how they turn out, so I'm lucky in that regard. I have a bunch of beautiful uppers on hand if I need pretty.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I picked up the citristrip after my initial messing with denatured alcohol. Mine looks a bit better than yours but still is kinda cloudy in spots.
    Spray them with CLP and see how they look. The 1913 rails are typically the hardest part to get clean. You can always spray them a second time, with CS, and then use a wooden pain stirring stick to clean the rails. The paint stirring sticks are pretty close in size, and should work well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Absolutely comical the lengths to which you guys are going to strip a $30 Colt upper just because of the color. Not to mention, the time. To each their own I suppose.

Better idea, build an upper out of it -- and shoot the shit out've it. If you're like me, you bought it because it's a legit Colt part, w/o the Colt premium. You didn't buy it because you wanted a safe queen.
    Last edited by ^Rb; 10-25-17 at 22:32.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I probably have an hour invested so far. Not really a big deal plus I like the challenge. I bought for same reason you did, quality part for cheap. Life is a voyage of discovery and I learnt something from this.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Has anyone received their lowers yet? Plan on putting in a backorder but wanted to make sure they are indeed the correct ones and not the Mexico lowers or similar.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It just never ends, what in the world would I do with a another complete lower. Jeez Louiezz.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast