Thread: VTAC sling - metal or plastic gliders?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

VTAC sling - metal or plastic gliders?

I had an original VTAC sling which I ran for years... loved it.

Wanting to get another one but padded. Anyone hear of any issues with the plastic? Or is it better to go with the metal?

I'm not a fan of metal on a sling as it can bang into glass (not likely but I had a cobra buckle nick the finish on a scope once and that put me off of metal on a bolt gun sling).

But an AR gets pretty banged up easily just running drills. Has anyone ever heard of the plastic failing on the VTAC slings?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I’ve had both. I beat up both.

Plastic is much better.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Composite sling hardware is more common than metal, so either should be more than strong enough.

The metal has scratched up a couple of my AR receivers, from being put into cases/bags, so if you're picky about that, it's worth considering.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I’ve used the metal triglides and while I like the durability of the metal, the plastic triglides are easier to use.
    I sold my VTAC and use Vickers VCAS. I didn’t particularly care for the thinner strap material. I found it would twist a lot easier than the BFG, specifically the single color slings like coyote brown. The slings are slightly thinner than the solid color and I like the thicker sling. Personal preference though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams