Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Beretta Brigadier vs. custom Browning hi-power...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Wilson Beretta Brigadier vs. custom Browning hi-power...

Which would you prefer and why? I'm actually broke right now and having to liquidate assets due to some recent over spending so this is just for future thought and consolidation. I currently own a stock beretta and stock hi-power. I like them both but I like the hi-power better. Then again, amgs are easier and cheaper for the berett and you can get compatible carbines.

Eventually at some point in the near future I'm going to have to give up my current berettas and my current hi-powers and choose one OR the other a Wilson brigadier or a custom Hi-power and abandon forever the other platform.

It's tough, the beretta is more practical but the hi-power has more SOUL. Know what I mean?

TED

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If I were in your boat today, I would keep the Beretta. If I were in your boat yesterday, I would keep the Hi Power.

It sounds like you are looking to sell two stock guns to buy one custom gun?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I'd keep the P-35. It does have "more soul".

Feedback Score
    Being familiar with the stock versions with both pistols, I would go with the WC Brigadier over the Browning. Although the Hi-Power is a classic pistol, the Beretta is simply a more modern pistol with advantages in durability, reliability, capacity, accuracy, etc... It would definitely be my choice especially if you are going down to one pistol.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've never understood the 'soul' nonsense about any gun. Even 100+ year old 1911s. It's just a tool. They were hand fitted wood and blued steel because that was technology back then.

I'd keep the Beretta. The Hi Power is just too little bitty and they never shot well for me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What gen hi-power do you have? What model "stock" beretta?
    IMHO The older gen high powers are going to appreciate in value as long as they are in very good condition. They're not making them anymore...ten years from now a stock vintage Browning Hi-power will be worth more than a stock beretta.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Beretta is my favorite serious handgun but the high power has more charm.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I would go with the Hi Power, carried one for most of my career. They stood up to abuse that other handguns would have died sooner than the Hi Powers did. It can be a very accurate pistol, I have a Novak and a Cylinder and Slide fukk house custom pistols. They both are way more accurate than I am if I am trying to shoot them without wearing reading glasses, which I almost never do since I don't wear reading glasses during my normal day. Some day somebody is going to make a small red dot sight that I can put on my Hi Powers so I can shoot them to their full potential.

GO HI POWER!

Feedback Score
    My heart would pick the Browning, but my head says the Beretta for parts, but which one do you shoot better?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was in your shoes not long ago, starting to get out of the hole. I sold those that could be replaced the easiest. For example: sold a nice Beretta Brig, nearly new but kept a classic S&W M13 3" because they are no longer made and getting harder to come by. There are others and I'm still well armed. I'm starting to look around for a nice double stack 9mm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast