Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wilson Beretta Brigadier vs. custom Browning hi-power...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    I like them both, but I like the Hi-Power better.
    There's your answer.

...mags are easier and cheaper for the Beretta, and you can get compatible carbines.
    Not an issue, if

I'm going to have to give up my current berettas and my current hi-powers and choose one OR the other.
    I like Berettas, I like Glocks, I even begrudgingly like the 1911. But for me, it was the Hk USP that made me say "this is everything I want, and a little more than I need."
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I find myself using my Israeli BHP Mk. III a lot lately. Picked it up dirt cheap years ago; it must have belonged to a supervisor as it was virtually new with minimal finish dings. The only things I did to it were removal of the mag disconnect, a better thumb safety, and Spegel delrins. It gets shot a lot; I have a decent stash of duty 9mm, and practice FMJs are ridiculously cheap now.

I have zero interest in a "custom" BHP as this one will outshoot me as it is; my money is better spent on ammo and practice. Or, if pressed, on a second, backup BHP in case the first gun craters. Other than the very obvious upgrades that actually matter--and those above are the ones I care about--I like basic-basic guns.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I've never understood the 'soul' nonsense about any gun. Even 100+ year old 1911s. It's just a tool. They were hand fitted wood and blued steel because that was technology back then.

I'd keep the Beretta. The Hi Power is just too little bitty and they never shot well for me.
    You broken, moutbreathing savage.
    Soul has nothing to do with effectiveness or superiority.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would take a Beretta 92 of any flavor over a Hi-Power. The BHP is a good, classic, nostalgic design. But it's not a serious or relevant gun anymore. It's unnecessarily heavy, the trigger sucks even if you remove the mag disconnect safety, and holsters, accessories, and magazines are much more limited. Personally I also don't like the controls, the thumb safety is inferior to the 1911 that preceded it and the slide release/takedown lever is awkward to use with a two thumbs forward grip.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I just get it. I fly and maintain WWII vintage Pratt and Whitney radials, we have pumps that old too.

After living with that kind of stuff the mystique wears off.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Get a Brig Tac with the Action Tune and don't look back. I'm saving up for a second Brig Tac now; probably my favorite Beretta.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Get a Brig Tac with the Action Tune and don't look back. I'm saving up for a second Brig Tac now; probably my favorite Beretta.
    Smart man...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    BHP all day long you cant beat a well tuned hp i can knock a fly off a cats ass at 20 yards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12