Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best quad rail for 11.5?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Best quad rail for 11.5?

Im in the process of building around a Colt 11.5 barrel that i judt got and want a wuad rail (yeah yeah i know cheese grater, weight, blah blah blah) and want a 9-10.5" quad rail for it and looking at thr options ive found i obviously like DD (mounting system) but their prices are outrageous! I also really like Centurion, Larue and Noveske but the price issue applies here as well soo heres my question... can anyone give me some real world experience with any of the following quads:
    Midwest Industries
    Troy Bravo or Battle (own an alpha and still one of my faves)
    Seekins Precision SAR
    Spikes BAR or SAR (good looking rail)
    Radical Firearms
    Ergo Grip Z Rail
    Aero Precision
    Any others that i havent remembered

Im not worried about whether it is 9 vs 11 oz im primarily intrrested in hearing about hoe they held up under heavy use, and have rock solid mount up. I really like them to have a heluva set of anti rotation "tabs" or whatever. DD and Larue had the best lock from what ive gathered.

Also, i have a chance at an fsp cutout Midwest rail for just a tad over $100... Is that a good deal on a good fsp rail?

Thanks all,
    Darrin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What do you want as far as integrated options in a quad rail? FSP cut out?

Heard Good things about Midwest, Spikes, Seekins, Aero Precision. Some people have political gripes about Troy...
    I have a few with quad rails but right at the time of typing this can't tell you who made them.
    Aero is an OE for many brands AFAIK so there's that.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Buy once, cry once.

Larue would be my choice for a quad
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Out of that list I would go with Midwest industries.

However I would (and did) save up and get a Centurion cutout.

What do you want a rail for anyway? If I didn’t have a laser for NV I would probably run plastic handguards on everything.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Im going to be running a good light and want the rail space for NV in the future as well as an eotech with maggy soon. And i would be disengenuous if i didnt mention that i orefer the aesthetics over plastic handguards. Right now there will be no fsb on the 11.5 bc the barrel i bought has the fsb cut down and my spare colt fsb doesnt line up (as none really will anyway). I also like to run a small handstop/barrier rest or small vert grip on short barrels.
    I asked about the fsb for a 14.5 barrel i have because i found one for a good price but that is for another topic.
    I also looked at the ergo z rail and from the pics it looks like it mounts up nicely...

Btw guys i am not talking about "drop in" setups that leabe the delta ring. Just my pref.

Thanks,
    Darrin

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    What do you need the rail to do? What experiences have you had that made you realize you need a certain type of rail?

The type of shooting I do and the type you do could be completely different. Without knowing what you do it’s hard to recommend something you should buy.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My 11.5" upper wares a Knights URX II. Perfect in my mind.

I'd also use one of the new BCM Pic rails, which were not available when I built my upper.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Eurodriver,
    It will mostly be used for "hard" use (i.e. carbine classes run & gun, inclimate weather training etc) and as Ive stated I will be adding a good white light (can anyone recommend something that will be "compact" enough but bright enough that has the option of utilizing a tape switch as well as what mount preferred? I like the thorntail but admittedly only have experience with Streamlight's TLR1. I also REALLY like how the WML-x has the angled button that allows it to be run right in front of the front sight... too bad it doesn't sport the same durability and reliability as Streamlight/Surefire!) as well as good back up sights (any experience with the Scalarworks fixed?) and eventually a good mall ninja IR device... because... the zombies.
    I am also going to be running this almost ALWAYS suppressed. I actually am awaiting a Sandman K and will be buying a nice SHORT K can, like the Mini 4 or something (another question for you 11.5 guys is which suppressor would you recommend? I prefer the shorter options and REALLY like AACs offering especially because of the price but also really like Dead Air and SiCo. I will be getting a 5.56 can for this setup eventually and do want the QD muzzie option)

Sorry guys when it comes to this stuff I get a tad long winded and lots of other questions come up. Really looking for a decent priced quad rail and input is always welcome.

thanks,
    Darrin

add on through edit:
    ooh and I really like the Yankee Hill SLR quad rail in the Mid config. Experiences?
    Last edited by dlraymond30; 10-19-17 at 10:51.

Feedback Score
    On the 10.5 ar pistol I built for my dad it has a 9 in Troy bravo rail. I like Troy rails they're simple I have a 12 inch seeking sar rail that's really light and I like it too.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    For my 11.5 I used the noveske 11" quad rail, I think it's made by sws. Fit and finish is great and I've used it quite a bit in schools and at training for work with no issues.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast