Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best quad rail for 11.5?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlraymond30 View Post
    Im in the process of building around a Colt 11.5 barrel that i judt got and want a wuad rail (yeah yeah i know cheese grater, weight, blah blah blah) and want a 9-10.5" quad rail for it and looking at thr options ive found i obviously like DD (mounting system) but their prices are outrageous! I also really like Centurion, Larue and Noveske but the price issue applies here as well soo heres my question... can anyone give me some real world experience with any of the following quads:
    Midwest Industries
    Troy Bravo or Battle (own an alpha and still one of my faves)
    Seekins Precision SAR
    Spikes BAR or SAR (good looking rail)
    Radical Firearms
    Ergo Grip Z Rail
    Aero Precision
    Any others that i havent remembered

Im not worried about whether it is 9 vs 11 oz im primarily intrrested in hearing about hoe they held up under heavy use, and have rock solid mount up. I really like them to have a heluva set of anti rotation "tabs" or whatever. DD and Larue had the best lock from what ive gathered.

Also, i have a chance at an fsp cutout Midwest rail for just a tad over $100... Is that a good deal on a good fsp rail?

Thanks all,
    Darrin
    Darrin,

Why not just list how much your price limit is? That way people can give you suggestions, or point out deals they are aware of?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrx View Post
    For my 11.5 I used the noveske 11" quad rail, I think it's made by sws. Fit and finish is great and I've used it quite a bit in schools and at training for work with no issues.
    Solid rail, no longer made by SWS. However, the same rail is available through SWS if someone was so inclined.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Ok stick, obviously the smart idea guy here! Lol
    I wouldnt be completely against spending $200-$250 if i could end up with a centurion, noveske, dd or larue but it will take me a month or two to get the amount of disposable income. For something right now i can prolly go to $125ish... Have really been looking at the midwest and troy... Know about deals?

On a side note, has anyone used the troy sdmr rail? I fant find anything about it asidr feom stuff fron troy

Regards,
    Darrin

Feedback Score
    I wouldnt be completely against spending $200-$250 if i could end up with a centurion, noveske, dd or larue but it will take me a month or two to get the amount of disposable income. For something right now i can prolly go to $125ish... Have really been looking at the midwest and troy... Know about deals?

On a side note, has anyone used the troy sdmr rail? I fant find anything about it asidr feom stuff fron troy

Regards,
    Darrin
    They discontinued all keymod stuff last year. I like the idea of it because if I'm doing a light I do it on the side and since it's a shorty you can get away with using that spot for a hand stop/grip. Primary arms sent me an email for mlok Troy rails not sure don't remember if they were doing quad too

Feedback Score
    http://www.primaryarms.com/troy-indu...rx-br1-90bt-00

This is what I used for my dad's AR pistol

Feedback Score

Regards,
    Darrin
    Larue:
    http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-...dguard-lt15-10

Midwest Industries Gen 3:
    http://www.primaryarms.com/midwest-i...black-mi-t10g3

With the Larue at $200, it would be an easy choice for me. That said, the MI Gen3 offerings are a completely different animal from their prior efforts; I don’t really think you can go wrong there either if you want to spend a little less.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    How about that new BCM QRF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    How about that new BCM QRF?

I was about to say that as well. Personally I tend to be a LaRue fan boy but BCM quality is second to none. Their quad rail is new but I am sure it is a quality product.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    You want cutout or no cutout for c4?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    You want cutout or no cutout for c4?

I was about to ask. If it is for a midlength system with FSP, that Centurion C4 pocket rail is siiiccckkkkk.

EDIT: saw its for an 11.5", so I'd definitely say BCM or Centurion.
    Last edited by JRHorne; 10-19-17 at 20:38.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast