Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best quad rail for 11.5?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I recently put a 9” QRF behind the sight post on a 16” mid upper; I really like it.
    Minimal defection on the front end, should be good for mounting a light or sights; nice profile for getting my smaller hands around, I was concerned about the 6 o’clock rail section, but it’s profile is similar to the LaRue or DD lite 3; Easy to mount;

NC

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've had a DD RIS II (Mk18 one) on an 11.5" Noveske bbl and also currently looking to build a URX II 11.5. Being the DD rails are hard to source, I would go with a URX II.
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    What do you think about that gooseneck? Wouldnt work for this particular build as i need to be able to mount a supp but its a cool idea...
    Also, is the larue 10" from the start of the actual 12 oclock pic rail or the beginning of the mount? Good price on the larue... Really wish it met up with the top rail but def not a deal breaker lol

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlraymond30 View Post
    Ok stick, obviously the smart idea guy here! Lol
    I wouldnt be completely against spending $200-$250 if i could end up with a centurion, noveske, dd or larue but it will take me a month or two to get the amount of disposable income. For something right now i can prolly go to $125ish... Have really been looking at the midwest and troy... Know about deals?

On a side note, has anyone used the troy sdmr rail? I fant find anything about it asidr feom stuff fron troy

Regards,
    Darrin
    I would save up for a few months if it were me. Another rail i forgot to mention is the Knights URX 3.1. I have one on a gun and love that one too, only downside is the knights specific wrench to have it installed. I have a URX 2 as well just sitting in the safe, another solid choice plus the integrated front sight is cool.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    My 11.5" upper wares a Knights URX II. Perfect in my mind.

I'd also use one of the new BCM Pic rails, which were not available when I built my upper.
    Agreed, 10.75" URX II is the perfect fit for this. The URX is also one of the easier rails to install properly if you have/borrow the tools since the rail is aligned with a jig and the nut is torqued/loctited without regard for gas tube alignment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dlraymond30 View Post
    What do you think about that gooseneck? Wouldnt work for this particular build as i need to be able to mount a supp but its a cool idea...
    Also, is the larue 10" from the start of the actual 12 oclock pic rail or the beginning of the mount? Good price on the larue... Really wish it met up with the top rail but def not a deal breaker lol
    I'm pretty sure the Larue length is from the front face of the receiver, not the start of the rail slots. I know the 9" stops just past a low profile gas block in a carbine length gun. I have no idea about the gooseneck rails; never used one. The continuous top rail is aesthetically pleasing but not functionally necessary, IMO.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    If you want a quad rail there’s only two choices IMO.
    LaRue Tactical LT 15-10
    http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-...dguard-lt15-10
    Or
    Centurion C4.
    https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/0609-10.htm

They both have an excellent track record. I have both. Several LaRue and one C4, and the lock up is unbeatable in my opinion. I have never worried about either rail not being trued up to the upper. And the fact they do feel like a tank could drive over them and they’d still be fine is a huge plus.
    And best of all, they won’t break the bank like some of the other suggestions can, and lastly you won’t be following the party line, if that matters at all.
    I’ve never had a reason to use LaRue customer service, but I have needed to use Centurion customer service. I had to return a CMR rail that I jacked up. I told Monty what I did and he offered to fix it for me. He got it and ended up having Corrie mail me a brand new rail out. I was thankful beyond impressed. For quad rails, they are the only two I would run with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    If you want a quad rail there’s only two choices IMO.
    LaRue Tactical LT 15-10
    http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-...dguard-lt15-10
    Or
    Centurion C4.
    https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/0609-10.htm

They both have an excellent track record. I have both. Several LaRue and one C4, and the lock up is unbeatable in my opinion. I have never worried about either rail not being trued up to the upper. And the fact they do feel like a tank could drive over them and they’d still be fine is a huge plus.
    And best of all, they won’t break the bank like some of the other suggestions can, and lastly you won’t be following the party line, if that matters at all.
    I’ve never had a reason to use LaRue customer service, but I have needed to use Centurion customer service. I had to return a CMR rail that I jacked up. I told Monty what I did and he offered to fix it for me. He got it and ended up having Corrie mail me a brand new rail out. I was thankful beyond impressed. For quad rails, they are the only two I would run with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sure RTT will change his mind once he ponies up the dollars for a QRF! Robert, I think I can hear your wallet shouting "we're too full, buy some AR SH!T!"

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHorne View Post
    I'm sure RTT will change his mind once he ponies up the dollars for a QRF! Robert, I think I can hear your wallet shouting "we're too full, buy some AR SH!T!"
    Choose a BCM rail over a rail manufactured in my beloved Republic of Texas?

In the irrefutable words of Charlie Chaplin....

Not in my lifetime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123