Thread: BCM KMR Removal/Installation with Magpul BEV Block?

Feedback Score

BCM KMR Removal/Installation with Magpul BEV Block?

I need to remove/install a BCM KMR rail. I understand that these have a tight fit to the barrel nut and require some heat to install. Will a Magpul BEV block work for this job? Specifically, will the BEV block’s plastic pin that locks into the front hinge of the upper receiver be good enough to resist the axial loading required to get these rails on and off?
    Last edited by Talking Monkey; 10-19-17 at 09:19.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    The force is resisted by the lugs engaging the barrel extension not the plastic pin. It's not like you are dealing with a force fit anyway. Some heat means from a hair dryer or heat gun. Using the BEV Block is probably a waste of time. And extra pair of hands would be better. It has an anti-rotation tab. You're gonna be pulling not twisting...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Has it been previously installed? Is it an original KMR, or a KMR-A?

I have an original KMR, it required heat to install it the first time. It stretched and now slips on and off by hand. I don't know if this will be the same for a KMR-A with its stronger aluminum?

Feedback Score
    It's an original magnesium KMR. It's a 13" and I just ordered a 15" MCMR to replace it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

BCM KMR Removal/Installation with Magpul BEV Block?

I've used a BEV to install a KMR. As stated, use heat to slide the rail onto the barrel nut.

Official Kremlin Transmission

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    I've used a BEV to install a KMR. As stated, use heat to slide the rail onto the barrel nut.
    +1

Done it that way several times.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    To remove, I used blocks of wood in my vise to clamp the top rail of the handguard (now upside down), heated the barrel nut area with a heat gun, then tapped on the barrel end with another block of wood to drive the rail off the barrel nut. No damage and it reinstalled on a different upper.

Feedback Score
    Successfully used the BEV block to finish the rail swap. Thanks for the help!