Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intriguing, reasonably-priced chassis rifles from Christensen Arms

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Intriguing, reasonably-priced chassis rifles from Christensen Arms

Christensen Arms is rolling out a family of bolt rifles that looks very interesting.

The are all based on a v-block chassis with folding stock. Actions are proprietary, 2-lug bolt, barrels are stainless wrapped with carbon fiber. Calibers are .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor, with barrel length options of 16/20/24in in .308 (1:10 twist) and 22/26in in 6.5CM (1:8 twist). Will take pretty much any AICS-compatible mag.

They're calling the rifle the Modern Precision Rifle, and all flavors MSRP at $2295. Weights range from about 6-7 lbs. All in all, this seems like a compelling new entry into the precision bolt rifle market.

Here's a 22" barreled version:

And a 16" barreled one:
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    While I have a Tikka and an AI, was thinking on the "Fix" but this seems like a nice option to review. Like the weight and would like a shorter HG option as it would be a field gun with some long range duty. Looks like 14" and 17"

Review with video

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/10/chr...#axzz4vzI034a7

The Christensen Arms Modern Precision Rifle is the next-generation chassis system. Developed with a 100% proprietary chassis and weighing less than 7lbs (16” .308), the Modern Precision Rifle is built to tackle your next big adventure.
    BARREL –*UNIQUE FEATURES
    Christensen Arms 416R Stainless Steel Aerograde Carbon Fiber Wrapped Barrel
    Target Profile
    Adjustable Stainless Side Baffle Brake (Removable) – Black Nitride Finish
    ACTION –*UNIQUE FEATURES
    Christensen Arms Stainless Steel Receiver
    Remington® 700 optics base compatible
    Black Nitride Finish
    Match-Grade “Flat” Trigger
    Oversized Fluted Bolt Knob
    Skeletonized Bolt Handle
    AICS-Compatible Detachable Magazine
    Tactical Mag Release
    Included 20MOA Rail
    CHASSIS –*UNIQUE FEATURES
    Christensen Arms 7075 Billet Aluminum Chassis
    Black Hardcoat Anodized
    14″ or 17″ Carbon Fiber Handguard with M-Lok™
    Adjustable Carbon Fiber Cheek Riser (1″ adjustment)
    Adjustable Length of Pull (12.5″-14.5″)
    Folding Stock with Locking Hinge and Magnelock™ Technology
    6 Q/D Flushcup Mounts
    V-Block Bedding
    Standard AR Grip Compatible
    Monopod Picatinny Mount Ready
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    This one looks interesting

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    While I have a Tikka and an AI, was thinking on the "Fix" but this seems like a nice option to review. Like the weight and would like a shorter HG option as it would be a field gun with some long range duty. Looks like 14" and 17"

Review with video

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/10/chr...#axzz4vzI034a7
    Interesting option that I'll be considering in the future.
    I got a kick out of the rancher carrying one across his saddle. Shot a lot of coyotes on the ranch but was busy working while I was mounted and found a lariat more likely to be needed than a rifle. Just my experience.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I think it would be difficult to build a custom rifle in that weight range off a fully featured chassis and carbon wrapped barrel for any less. The precision game is certainly getting more competitive these days and it's great to see.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have a CtRX in 6.5CM and have gone through the options on building something similar and the sourcing of the chassis with features like this make it nearly impossible. Yes, there's the Tac model, nice but a wee bit weighty. I personally believe we will see more like this by SHOT.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If we could get anyone to actually real world test the Christensen and the Q Fix for accuracy and quality we might have some answers to our questions.

I'm not one to buy a rifle, especially for that kind of money, without having some baseline data to justify the purchase.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm not a fan of the carbon fiber barrels. I shot with a dude at a match last month who was running a Proof in the heaviest contour available. It was extremely accurate, but he said it's so sensitive that a few blades of grass brushing up against the barrel threw his shots completely off target at 600m. He also said his suppressor cover changes his POI at 100 yards by 2.5".

I'd rather hump a few extra pounds than have a shot compromised.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well, Eurooptic has them coming, supposed to be shipping out in 1-2 weeks. I have a shorty 16" .308 and at #4 on the list so I hope they have at least that many coming. Just wanted a short and light fun gun. Will see once I get it set up and hit the ranges.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast