Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for AR in 7.62x39

Feedback Score
    Ouch. That's a good point about the center of gravity needing to be at the magazine well.

Feedback Score
    Maybe I'm weird but to me this would be something as a lightweight short to mid range deer carbine, particularly for a youngster such as my son in 7-8 years. Feed it something like 125gr soft points, probably reloaded to get some more zap in them.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    I had an Armalite rifle upper and put together another pistol in the caliber.

Neither worked that well. Probably a combination of having no high quality mags for the caliber and crummy Russian ammo. A longer firing pin and heavy hammer spring did solve the light strike problems. I never tried US-made brass cased ammo.

I think with a quality, short-length magazine and handloaded brass cased ammo one could be made to run pretty well.

But it seems to me .300 BLK or .308 is the way to go for a .30 cal AR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would personally go with a CMMG mk47. It is purpose built around 7.62R with a larger bolt, larger receivers, and uses AK mags. It's intermediate size, between AR15 and AR10.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12