Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobalt Kinetics, where does it fit in the AR world

Feedback Score

Cobalt Kinetics, where does it fit in the AR world

So i snagged one a week ago on a deal that i couldn't pass up... and when i was at the gun range yesterday, someone asked me about the rifle and i wasn't sure how to explain it... i mean i know it's high end.. but is it more of a race gun, or is it a battle rifle? or a bit of both? i know from reading about Cobalt Kinetics, that in the beginning they basically ran their guns till they died to find out what worked and what didnt...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TactiCool1976 View Post
    So i snagged one a week ago on a deal that i couldn't pass up... and when i was at the gun range yesterday, someone asked me about the rifle and i wasn't sure how to explain it... i mean i know it's high end.. but is it more of a race gun, or is it a battle rifle? or a bit of both? i know from reading about Cobalt Kinetics, that in the beginning they basically ran their guns till they died to find out what worked and what didnt...
    Battle Rifle = .308

How much did you pay? What caliber and model is it?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I think they fall into the "TactiCool" category Seriously though, I'd say race gun, and definitely not battle rifle.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I would call it a highly stylized boutique gun. But if it works, and works well.....who cares? I shoot with guys that have highly stylized and customized pistols and they work really well. Shoot the bajeebers out of your new stick and tells us how it's going.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by albatros43 View Post
    I think they fall into the "TactiCool" category Seriously though, I'd say race gun, and definitely not battle rifle.
    totally agree with you

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Serious bling to compete with your Cobalt.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-224-valkyrie/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Battle Rifle = .308

How much did you pay? What caliber and model is it?
    its the 223 wylde.. as for the model..... i dont know... cuz the one i have is not like the ones on their website it's like a mix of two.. the LGS i go to, and bought it from, the GM, said it was a custom gun that cobalt had done up and only made 4 of them.. as for the price...... lol under 1700$

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I dunno where they fit in. Functional modern art?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    its the 223 wylde.. as for the model..... i dont know... cuz the one i have is not like the ones on their website it's like a mix of two.. the LGS i go to, and bought it from, the GM, said it was a custom gun that cobalt had done up and only made 4 of them.. as for the price...... lol under 1700$

Sounds like we are rounding it off to $1700. Did it come with anything? They are a very niche market, some people are going to hate on their looks, personally I don't feel all AR15s need to look the same.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yikes
    For their LE/MIL lineup I was not very impressed...

I don't think I have ever seen a gun description that says milspec magazine release but then not mention the receiver materials..

No nitride or chrome lined barrel either?

Weight cited at 14lbs

Sounds like a great investment

smiley_freak.gif

Recon line
    https://www.cobaltkinetics.com/product/recon

Eclipse line
    https://www.cobaltkinetics.com/product/eclipse

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast