Thread: Vaultek biometric pistol safe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Vaultek biometric pistol safe

https://vaulteksafe.com/

Checking out the Vaultek biometric gun safe we just received, it is starting to make a lot more sense. At first we weren't sure how something this small could be considered a safe, but after awhile location and access for a pistol become paramount for a home defense weapon. Keeping a weapon secured yet available seems to be the high marker this safe is taking.

Yes it can also be fastened to something to make it hard to remove, but the more time we spend with it, the more we look at it as a portable storage device designed for ease of access.

We will update more about this little beast as we spend more time with it. So far, it is pretty slick, and we may need to buy one for a friend of ours who has seven children of various ages.

Sorry for the quick blurb, we will get more pics shot and update this when we get a little more time. I'm finding a lot of things aren't getting reviewed if I wait until the end, so I think we will start filling this section of the forum with works in progress.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I had tried many fancy biometric type, but non work consistently. (e.g. after washing your hand). Battery life also wasn't great, and have to check to replace battery all the time. Now I just use the mechanical ShotLock. Curious to see how this one work after a few months.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AwaySooner View Post
    I had tried many fancy biometric type, but non work consistently. (e.g. after washing your hand). Battery life also wasn't great, and have to check to replace battery all the time. Now I just use the mechanical ShotLock. Curious to see how this one work after a few months.
    I don't personally see biometrics as a cure all, I see too many issues with my iphone and thumbprint. However, when you have multiple ways of being able to open it, that helps calm my paranoia a bit. They are giving 6 months for battery life from what I think I've read so far.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    https://vaulteksafe.com/

Checking out the Vaultek biometric gun safe we just received, it is starting to make a lot more sense. At first we weren't sure how something this small could be considered a safe, but after awhile location and access for a pistol become paramount for a home defense weapon. Keeping a weapon secured yet available seems to be the high marker this safe is taking.

Yes it can also be fastened to something to make it hard to remove, but the more time we spend with it, the more we look at it as a portable storage device designed for ease of access.

We will update more about this little beast as we spend more time with it. So far, it is pretty slick, and we may need to buy one for a friend of ours who has seven children of various ages.

Sorry for the quick blurb, we will get more pics shot and update this when we get a little more time. I'm finding a lot of things aren't getting reviewed if I wait until the end, so I think we will start filling this section of the forum with works in progress.

What model is it that you are reviewing?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the review Stick, ordered one of these for the wife to keep her pistol bed side. See how she likes it.

Feedback Score
    Sorry for the necropost, but any thoughts and feedback on the safe now that you've had some time with it?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus562 View Post
    Sorry for the necropost, but any thoughts and feedback on the safe now that you've had some time with it?
    Not any trouble at all, my wife is the one who seems to spend more time with it. To be honest, that it opens and closes when it is supposed to doesn't make for an impressive review, but it appears that it does that quite nicely.
    Stick