Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FN15 Tactical II VS Colt CCU

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    They still don't pin them to my knowledge.
    My two year old rifle's low profile gas block was pinned.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I it were my choice I'd do the DMR because I don't have an 18", the Timney trigger and comp. I would do the math first though. You don't mention BCM. You could get an A5 lower with decent trigger from Grant and a SS 18" upper from BCM for less than the FN list price of the DMR.
    BCM is an option for sure..

One thing I should have mentioned, is I would like the rifle to be ready to shot with a FF rail from the factory...

In regards to the DMR, I like it because it is an 18'' rifle length gas that is still lightweight.. Personally I hate muzzle brakes and remove the brake and replace it with a flash hider.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Who cares man, stake it if that makes you feel warm and fuzzy. Everyone used to rip on RRA because they used red locktite on their castle nuts and didn’t stake them per the milspec. There’s plenty of stuff you can rip on RRA for doing wrong but red locktight on the castle nut isn’t one of them. Yea it’s not staked per the “milspec” but I’ve literally given up on trying to loosen things before that were secured with red locktight. A loosening castle nut that was secured with red locktight would not be one of my concerns.

BCM didn’t used to pin their gas blocks but people still buy there rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So does FN use loctite on the castle nut?
    This really isn't a big deal to me at all, I could stake it pretty easily if I ever felt like it, and I've never had a buffer tube walk out on any of my low end AR's.
    Just curious because I don't know too much about FN.

I assume the Colt and FN are basically the same with the biggest differences being Barrel and rollmark. I am leaning FN honestly because I really like the Rollmark and would like to add one to the collection. If all other things ( aside from castle nut ) are equal from a functional/ milspec built standpoint I am leaning FN... But if the Colt is built better in some way then I would like to buy the better built gun.

I know many guys here know way more than I do about AR's, so I appreciate all the input given so far. Maybe I should simplify my OP a bit to gear this more toward FN vs Colt.
    I have been looking into BCM for a while, but I don't want to build this purchase, I want it ready to go from the factory with a nice FF MLOK handguard.

Thanks again for all replies so far! Learning things I didn't know already

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    My two year old rifle's low profile gas block was pinned.
    Was yours the SPR upper? Those are pinned as the gas block is exposed.

I've gotten several uppers from them in the last few years and none of the gas blocks were pinned. All my gas blocks were underneath KMR handguards though. In fact, the latest one I got in like August I sent to ADCO to get pinned.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Was yours the SPR upper? Those are pinned as the gas block is exposed.

I've gotten several uppers from them in the last few years and none of the gas blocks were pinned. All my gas blocks were underneath KMR handguards though. In fact, the latest one I got in like August I sent to ADCO to get pinned.
    Yes. It's a MK12 Mod 4, with the pinned rife length gas block under a 13" KMR.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Yeah they pin the MK12 and the Kino.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peashooter76 View Post
    FN doesn't stake their castle nuts, if that matters to you.
    Neither does KAC and I trust that they know what they are doing

Feedback Score
    All of the FN AR series rifles in my inventory, as well as my personal guns, have staked castle nuts.

Feedback Score
    Don't forget, the FN has a CHF barrel, which the Colt does not.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by clb View Post
    All of the FN AR series rifles in my inventory, as well as my personal guns, have staked castle nuts.
    As does the one on the long guns wall in my shop. Every FN tactical rifle I've seen has had a staked castle nut. Their commercial grade rifles to my knowledge (which I can't find listed anymore) are not staked.

It's a a six in one hand half a dozen in the other argument. Both are great guns, have nice handguards, solid barrels, good construction, there's not much to argue against for either of them. Regarding the 18" FN DMR though, it's kind of cool to see a chrome lined hammer forged 18" barrel out in the wild.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast