Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FN15 Tactical II VS Colt CCU

Feedback Score
    On a side note value wise, FN has a mail in rebate for a free Vortex Spitfire on any AR purchased by the end of the year.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll never understand the fuss about BCM, DD, RRA, or many other makers, or all the wildcat upper calibers for that matter.

Buy a KAC or COLT and set it up how you want. Combat Unit looks good to me, especially around $1000 if it gets there.

HT
    "When the people fear their government there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." – Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime View Post
    I'll never understand the fuss about BCM, DD, RRA, or many other makers, or all the wildcat upper calibers for that matter.

Buy a KAC or COLT and set it up how you want. Combat Unit looks good to me, especially around $1000 if it gets there.

HT
    Colts and FNs are right around the 1000$ price point.
    Not interested in RRA or DD at all.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 Bonded SP View Post
    Colts and FNs are right around the 1000$ price point.
    Not interested in RRA or DD at all.
    You are right. Both FN and Colt are solid quality. I like the offering of the CCU with the Centurion rail and Magpul MOE SL furniture, and I will be buying one if I can find for $1000 for sure. All you need is BUIS, sling, Geissele, and an optic and you're GTG. Nothing like turning a $1k gun into a $2k setup. lol
    Good luck

HT
    "When the people fear their government there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." – Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I have used FN CHF barrels in previous builds, and have found them to be of great quality. That being said, the Colt's barrel is probably very good as well. I happen to lean toward barrels with rifle length gas systems, so my vote would be for the FN.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I have used FN CHF barrels in previous builds, and have found them to be of great quality. That being said, the Colt's barrel is probably very good as well. I happen to lean toward barrels with rifle length gas systems, so my vote would be for the FN.

Ya I am a huge fan of CHF barrels, but realistically and functionally speaking I doubt I would notice any difference between the fn and colt barrel.
    I am also a huge fan of rifle length gas, however since the other two are middies, realistically I probably wouldn't notice much difference lol.

I was hoping someone would tell me either colt or fn was better built for some reason to make this easier..
    But it looks like I'm leaning FN just because of the rollmark haha.

So I assume besides barrel making process the rifles are basically identical in regards to build materials and quality?

I've always assumed cold hammer forged barrels are superior for long term durability, however realistically I doubt anyone pulling the trigger would notice a difference.

Anyone know the specific metal Fn uses in their barrels?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I read on another forum that FN had separate production lines for their military contract guns and their commercial guns because the contract prohibited using the TDP for their commercial guns. Supposedly, only the military guns were built to the TDP. I don’t know if that’s true or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The rifles FN makes for the .gov I are all built to TDP. Per their contracts they cannot build rifles with the TDP for commercial sale.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostly View Post
    The rifles FN makes for the .gov I are all built to TDP. Per their contracts they cannot build rifles with the TDP for commercial sale.

Why would Colt be able to and FN not be able to?

Isn't the TDP public information now anyway?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 Bonded SP View Post
    Why would Colt be able to and FN not be able to?

Isn't the TDP public information now anyway?
    Not really, it's just backwards engineered more or less. And Colt can because they developed it. They didn't gain the TDP because they were awarded a contract.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast