Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Muzzle Brake Recommendation For Noveske 10.5 inch

Feedback Score
    My suggestion is the same as a couple, stick with a2 until you decide on a silencer.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I'll kick this horse. A stepwise approach:

1: get an A2 so you can shoot your gun now. If you want something sexier, the YHM Phantom is affordable, effective, and good looking.

2: choose a can, send form 4

3: if it will be shot with the can almost exclusively, get the brake that goes with the can. Install after suppressor is picked up. If any more than 25% of your shooting will be without the can, get the flashhider that matches the can.

I cannot overstate the unpleasantness of a 10.5" barrel with a brake. They are crazy loud even with an A2.

Consider a switchblock.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll piggyback onto this thread instead of starting a new one. I'm planning a 11.5 pistol build right now. SBR's and Suppressors are a no-go here so AR pistol it is.

Possible to be used indoors if the need ever arose so I'm looking for some kind of muzzle option. I have no need for suppressor capability. I have zero want for a brake if it gets shot indoors (Home nor range). I was thinking maybe a KX3/5 or something similar to push sound more forward but I've never used them. I'm not sure what else would be a decent option for it quite honestly.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
    My new rifle would more likely be fired without a suppressor.

What kind of brake our flash hider should I get that wont be so loud?
    If you're not going to run a can on your 10.5", then don't run a brake, IMO. I have an ASR brake on my sbr, but on the rare occasion when I don't use the can, I use a blast shield, because otherwise it's concussive and obnoxious. In my case, the brake is to protect the suppressor from undue wear.

As far as other options for a muzzle device for a 10.5, the Black River Covert Comp is about as big as an A2, and does a good job projecting the noise and blast forward (which is about as "quiet" as you're going to get without a can). The KX-5 works also, but is $100 and weighs half a pound. Also, my kx5's always seized up and I could rarely disassemble them for cleaning.

Or save yourself $50 and get an A2 flash hider, since it's going to be loud as %^*& anyway.
    Last edited by MisterHelix; 10-20-17 at 14:21.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hearing damage is permanent.
    Suppressors are very attractive for those of us who understand that, and or for those of us with tinnitus.
    Tinnitus is not fun, don't shoot an SBR with a brake... If you do, double up on ear pro (plugs and muffs).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
    It seems as if the muzzle brakes on the Noveske site are no longer current.

What should I get for a 10.5 inch?

I want some sort of suppressor capability should the need arise.

I like these two:

https://www.store.silencerco.com/col...iant=362742743

with this

https://www.store.silencerco.com/col...nt=21334177028

and this:

http://www.surefire.com/sfmb-556-1-2-28.html

I do not want a flash hider.
    I love my my surefire socom brakes and I really like the warcomp

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    have experience with an 11.5 with an extended A2 and that was super loud. Can't imagine anything shorter with a brake - WOW
    Changed it to a JP Flash hider three prong and 556L muzzle flash is about zero and the concussion is lower too! It's still loud and anyone beside me does not linger long but I don't feel the concussion anywhere near as much as with the extended A2 and I have much more control. I clocked it so the third tine is centered which means there are two slots up and one slot down. I believe this functions a bit like a linear comp as well as controlling vertical rise.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I used to think I should run brakes to protect my Surefire cans blast baffle from my SBRs, all 10"s, but the blast was ridiculous. Tried the Warden, even tried modifying the brakes to single chamber, but they're still brutal. Switched to closed tine legacy mounts and the blast baffles still look great, no discernible difference.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hkbeltfed What ammunition and muzzle device is making the fireball

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    The only way I would recommend running a brake on a SBR is because you are going to run it permanently suppressed. I did this with my socom 556 k can with a silencerco brake. All my other suppressor hosts that get the cans moved around get warcomp derivatives or flash hiders because the blast and sound is horrendous.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast