Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you guys grease your skids?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    . There's other things that we can look at, but there is a place for a "grease" and some for an "oil".
    I agree with that part totally, which is why I use both.

Feedback Score
    I put greese on the triggers. Nowhere else.

Feedback Score
    Certain portions of the FCG can be good examples of what may be an appropriate use for this platform.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I run a bit wet with Mobil 1 synthetic, Mobil 1 synthetic grease, Lucas 5wt synthetic fork oil, and Green Grease. Whichever of those within easy reach. Less grease in winter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've started using ALG Very Thin Grease everyplace on my bolt carriers and on the slides and locking surfaces of my pistols.

It seems to be working as advertised.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I grease the outside of my carrier sometimes. My reasoning is not logical, though. I like the goopy way it feels on a q-tip when I eventually clean it. TW25b. Generally, though, I just throw more CLP on it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    If I clean my rifle and it is going in the safe I use synthetic chassis grease as it stays put and the rifle will run with it. I have ALG's purple stuff in the grip so if it needs lube while in use it gets that.

YMMV and IDGAF. This is not something worth arguing over IMO.

Feedback Score
    I use Slip2000 EWL grease on the bottom of the BCG.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've run grease and I've run oil on the BCG. On a recommendation by two local shooters, one retired military, I tried Lucas Red and Tacky grease. It worked well, but trapped too much dirt to suite me. Clean up was a bit more involved than when I used oil, so I stopped using it.

After using a lot of different products over the years, I settled on Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil. I apply it to areas where I see wear marks on the BCG.

If you ask about lubrication on M1 Garands or M1A's, you'll get a different answer.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 Bonded SP View Post
    nor do I lube the hammer face because I don't want oil on my ammo.
    ???

The hammer never contacts the ammunition. Not sure where you're going with this.

Lucas red n tacky has a drop point of 540 degrees Fahrenheit which is higher than most oils.
    huh? Oils don't have a drop point.

Lubing my pistols, shotguns, and rifles has never given me a single malfunction using grease.
    I've lubed with greases of several varieties and many different oils and have had many malfunctions over the years. No lube will prevent failures %100. If you've never experienced a failure, you're not shooting enough.
    It is missing the point to think that the martial art is solely in cutting a man down; it is in killing evil. It is in the strategem of killing the evil of one man and giving life to ten thousand -Yagyu Munemori

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast