Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surefire Micro 556

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasez33 View Post
    http://www.surefire.com/suppressor-comparison-chart

Surefire’s website claims 141db on a 14.5

Like I said I can’t find much real world info on the micro but I can for the mini which seems to be a great suppressor. On this forum there are a few posts stating mid 140s for the Micro.

I love my 14.5 AR and like the appeal of sound reduction and reduced flash without a ton of added length and weight. Not looking to shoot all day without hearing protection but if it reduces it enough to not destroy my hearing if I ever use it in a self defense situation then that’s a huge bonus. Plus I can pick it up for not much more than the price of a Glock. I understand it’s a niche product and that a full size suppressor is better for most applications but would still like some feedback.
    Shooting indoors amplifies the noise to the point that a "hear safe" can is no longer hearing safe. A can that starts out less than hearing safe will be even worse indoors.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I would assume being a reputable company with military contracts that their published data would be pretty accurate?
    That would be a mistake. That chart has been disputed forever. Even Surefire won't reveal where those 'averages' came from. Start comparing the full size can numbers to videos on YouTube and you'll see you can't trust any of them. The only 5.56 cans I own are a Surefire Socom Mini and Socom SB and I like them, but the harsh reality is those numbers are BS, the Micro was discontinued because it sucked, and it's cheap because no one wants it.

Feedback Score
    The micro is not quiet at all and is out of date for what we have available now. When they were available new, I used them on 16"+ for blast/ concussion mitigation. I didn't care for them on anything shorter, but at that time they did okay with some longer barrels. We have better options now, for an individual level dealing with the NFA, these would be hard to recommend to anyone unless they are practically giving them away.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback. Will probably look at getting something else

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback. Will probably look at getting something else

Fwiw, my desires are similar to yours, and I have a Socom mini2 on the way. Don’t need it quiet, just want to mitigate sound/flash for HD and hunting. Obviously no hands on experience yet, but it sounds like the mini would fit based on my research here.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lower your expectations, and don't justify the price based on how much less than MSRP the price is. Compare it vs the price of a quieter full size can from one of the other quality manufacturers, SF MSRP is way over what I see the value of them being.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidk View Post
    Shooting indoors amplifies the noise to the point that a "hear safe" can is no longer hearing safe. A can that starts out less than hearing safe will be even worse indoors.
    This is true. The only can that doesn't make my ears ring indoors is my Mask on a 22 pistol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I ended up buying a Surefire Mini instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12