Thread: Help value a 1924 Winchester 1892 25-20

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Help value a 1924 Winchester 1892 25-20

I have a friend that just inherited a Winchester 1892 in 25-20 WCF from his late step father. It's a carbine model from the short research I have done. Has a serial number in the low 93xxx range which puts it manufactured in 1924.

Does anyone have access to the Blue Book of Gun Values or have an idea on how much its worth for either selling or to get insurance for it? From the pictures it looks to be in good shape.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    For a ballpark value check the completed auctions on Gunbroker, for the ones that actually sold.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I have a friend that just inherited a Winchester 1892 in 25-20 WCF from his late step father. It's a carbine model from the short research I have done. Has a serial number in the low 93xxx range which puts it manufactured in 1924.

Does anyone have access to the Blue Book of Gun Values or have an idea on how much its worth for either selling or to get insurance for it? From the pictures it looks to be in good shape.
    Need pictures.

We have the exact same model and caliber on consignment in our store. Ours was made in 1915, and has been refinished. The owner started out asking $4,000 for it - way too much considering it's been refinished - but after sitting on our shelf for two years he has dropped the price by half. Still no takers.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was looking at them last year hard kn GB. Prices range quite a bit but in the 700-1200 range, the upper end for the 26" octogon rifle. Carbines are on the lower end and condition has alot to do with it. There were some above that range b u t were in nice condition or over priced for the market.