Thread: Springco Green Spring Correct for Rifle Length Receiver Extension?

Feedback Score

Springco Green Spring Correct for Rifle Length Receiver Extension?

Hi y'all,

I am wanting the best possible chrome-silicon buffer spring for an AR I am building with a 20" barrel, rifle-length gas system, and rifle-length/A2 receiver extension. It looks like the Springco Green spring is the right one for that application, but I wanted to check with you folks first to see whether this really is the best fit for the classic rifle-length RE.

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Short Answer, Yes the green is the correct spring. The orange spring using a spacer and AR15 buffer H3 seems smoother and easier on parts if your gas port is on the large side. I also replied in your other thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalMark View Post
    Short Answer, Yes the green is the correct spring. The orange spring using a spacer and AR15 buffer H3 seems smoother and easier on parts if your gas port is on the large side. I also replied in your other thread.
    Hi, thanks! I should have clarified, this post is asking about the correct Springco spring for an AR-15 in 5.56 with a 20" barrel, rifle-length gas system, rifle/A1/A2 receiver extension, and a standard rifle buffer. I am pretty sure that the green spring is the correct one for this. The other post is about the AR-10, and for that one, I am at a loss.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    Yes, the sprinco green is the correct length for a rifle length receiver extension.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-Tenner View Post
    Hi y'all,

I am wanting the best possible chrome-silicon buffer spring for an AR I am building with a 20" barrel, rifle-length gas system, and rifle-length/A2 receiver extension. It looks like the Springco Green spring is the right one for that application, but I wanted to check with you folks first to see whether this really is the best fit for the classic rifle-length RE.

Thanks in advance!
    Sprinco not Springco
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalMark View Post
    Orange is meant for .308, just FYI.

Green spring is Correct for both Rifle/Vltor A5 system.