View Poll Results: Do you have/want or don't have/don't want an M1 Garand?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have/want an M1 Garand

64 74.42%
  • I don't have/don't want an M1 Garand

22 25.58%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Poll: Do you have/want or don't have/don't want an M1 Garand?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef15 View Post
    Dad gave me one of his. Joy to shoot.

I probably wouldn't have ever bought one as there is no practical hole in my collection it fills.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
    Put an Ultimak on it, an Aimpoint Micro, and an offset-mount Scout: Instant modern-ish, practical battle rifle.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Fantastic rifle. Own two and would like to pick up a few more down the road. Need to visit the CMP again one of these days.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Which cmp store is offering the best m1 selection these days? Probably Anniston...

Feedback Score
    I want one pretty bad. Never been to a CMP store before, so idk what's out there. I know that they're expensive locally.

Feedback Score
    I forgot about the Ulimak being available for the M1.

If I ever decided to get one it would be a rebuild 7.62x51 (new barrel and stock at least) with the Ultimak and RDS.

Feedback Score
    Have one/treasure it, an all-Springfield NM I inherited from my Dad. S/N puts it as a '42 build, I'm not sure when it was made into a NM, or by whom. We shot it quite a bit when I was a skinny little kid in the 70's, dad had to put a hand on my shoulder to keep me from tipping over, forward from the weight and backward from the recoil. I much preferred the Carbine then, that was my plinker. Dad paid $50 cash for the Carbine in 1964 (Winchester built in '44), and $400 for the Garand about 10yrs later. I'll have to post some pics in the Garand thread at some point.

Feedback Score
    Got 2, a 6/42 and a 6/44. The '42 is all matching SA. The '44 is an SA with other parts.

FWIW, the CMP is supposed to be bringing in thousands of Garands from Korea and the PI. Should be the last opportunity to get one at a reasonable price.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345