Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering SR25 ACC

Feedback Score

Considering SR25 ACC

Hello,
    I'm seriously considering a SR25 in the near future and would appreciate things to consider for this purchase. Intended purpose is target, hunting, and a go to for shtf. Looking at a NF scope for it too, never had one of those either. I'm obvously wanting a good quality set up and planning to keep it forever. Suggestions on where to purchase? Anything to consider?

Thx,
    NIXDSG

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been very happy with mine for a GP/ DMR role. If you're wanting to put a Nightforce on it, you may want to do the APC instead to have a more dedicated long range rifle. Putting heavy optics on the ACC defeats the purpose, IMO. It gets heavy enough with bad enough with low powered variables.

The MAMS is a good upgrade but other than personal preferences on the stock and grip, it's ready to go. I put their angled sights on mine also for BUIS.

Feedback Score
    Humm, I would like a variable optic for hunting , 16" for weight and maneuverability, but heavy not so much. Other options to NF?

MAMS helps with recoil, right?

Feedback Score
    You might want to read this, you know, before you take the plunge.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...cussion-thread

Feedback Score
    Really nail down what you want before you plunk down the money. It isn't a small investment and even though they retain value it is much nicer to get exactly what you want the first go around. You will probably love the Nightrorce. I know I did and now am budgeting a couple more in the near future.

Feedback Score
    Good read, thx. Looks like the NF may be more than needed. I will continue to investigate.

I see people changing the trigger, is a different trigger needed?

NIXDSG
    Last edited by NIXDSG; 10-25-17 at 12:05. Reason: Added info

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This was posted on another forum, but it is good incentive to purchase this month

As promotions go, this was compelling enough for me to buy an ACC.
    Last edited by interfan; 10-26-17 at 10:18.

Feedback Score
    I like the ACC with a MK6 1-6 for GP, it can fit many roles pretty well. The base cost isn't cheap and some uses would be better catered to the APC with higher magnification, but those roles are less general.

Feedback Score
    3 free mags would be nice but was looking to buy closer to Christmas.

MK6 is pricier then the NF! Sign. Price of admission I guess. But yes, seems like a better choice then the NF, I will consider the MK6.

Any thoughts on trigger? Is an upgrade needed for a hunting rifle? While I shoot paper it's not extensive or serious sub moa stuff.

NIXDSG

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIXDSG View Post
    3 free mags would be nice but was looking to buy closer to Christmas.

MK6 is pricier then the NF! Sign. Price of admission I guess. But yes, seems like a better choice then the NF, I will consider the MK6.

Any thoughts on trigger? Is an upgrade needed for a hunting rifle? While I shoot paper it's not extensive or serious sub moa stuff.

NIXDSG
    Nothing wrong with the KAC trigger. You can sell it for the same price as a new Geissele will cost you. Just there was a no brainer to switch. The KAC triggers get much better after 500 rounds IMO. No need really to get rid of the KAC.
    Philippians 4:13

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast