Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Considering SR25 ACC

Feedback Score
    As I understand the only differences with these models is MOA and MIL, green and red. Why the price difference? I have no idea.

NIXDSG

Feedback Score
    Update,

SR-25 ACC M-LOK ordered, eta unknown.
    AccuPower 1-8x28 received, impessed to say the least.
    Tried to order the Geissele mount but it's on backorder, and just missed the sale too!
    Magpul sling received, a simple 2 point, need to figure out how to attach it still.
    What's left? Ammo. Anything I need to stay away from?

NIXDSG

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You'll love it that's identical to my setup

Feedback Score
    I've been looking for a Geissele Super Precision ar10 mount but they don't look to be available, some sites say they are discontinued. Does anyone know if that it true?
    So if I cant get the geissele, anyone have another suggestion? It needs to be for a 34mm tube.

Thx, NIXDSG

Feedback Score
    Finally got the rifle, love it! And no, not fired it yet.

How do I remove the flash/comp so I can install the MAMS? The one on there looks to have rockset(sp?). Not sure how grab the barrel, the hand guard covers most of it.

As an option, any suggestions on someone I can send the upper to who can properly install it? I hate to send it out but I also don't want to screw it up!!!

NIXDSG

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIXDSG View Post
    Finally got the rifle, love it! And no, not fired it yet.

How do I remove the flash/comp so I can install the MAMS? The one on there looks to have rockset(sp?). Not sure how grab the barrel, the hand guard covers most of it.

As an option, any suggestions on someone I can send the upper to who can properly install it? I hate to send it out but I also don't want to screw it up!!!

NIXDSG
    https://www.nsdefense.us/ are kac dealers and certified sr15/sr25 armorers.They are who pulled my mams off when I went to my suppressor mount.

as far as a 34mm Geissele mount just check around the classified sections and one will pop up and itll be significantly cheaper than new.I do believe they discontinued the sr25 specific version because everyone was just buying the ar15 mount.You can still get the 34mm mount in 0 and 20moa variants its just a tad shorter than the 308 version.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A Geissele SR25 Reaction Rod would be a great tool to use to remove your muzzle device. It interfaces directly with the barrel extension. For work on the lower receiver, their Reaction Block is a handy tool.

I also highly recommend the Magpul Armorer's Wrench.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIXDSG View Post
    3 free mags would be nice but was looking to buy closer to Christmas.

MK6 is pricier then the NF! Sign. Price of admission I guess. But yes, seems like a better choice then the NF, I will consider the MK6.

Any thoughts on trigger? Is an upgrade needed for a hunting rifle? While I shoot paper it's not extensive or serious sub moa stuff.

NIXDSG
    For hunting you will want something on the lighter side, so keep the rifle and optics weight down. I wouldn't go with a rifle weighing more than about eight pounds dry, not including the optic. I like the NF NXS 2.5-10X at about 20oz. for the 42mm model. Then put light rings or mount on. Check out the NF light weight mount.

OOPS. I see you already bought, NICE RIFLE good luck.

Yeah, you'll need something like a Reaction Rod to manipulate the muzzle device, you might want to have a Reaction Rod even if you have someone do the work for you.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 01-10-18 at 15:16.

Feedback Score
    Forgive my ignorance, but how does the barrel extension connect to the barrel to withstand the torque applied to the compensator? Are they simply pressed together, then a pin installed to ensure timing is maintained? Can this withstand the torque of the comp with rockset(sp?)?

Again, my ignorance is showing. The thought of "assuming" this is the correct way to remove the comp only to destroy a new upper is NOT a lesson I need to learn.

NIXDSG

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    KACs are a bit different just in that you need a different sized wrench than other brands. KAC sells their own barrel extension tool but you have to decide if you want to pay for it or send your rifle off. Getting the FH off is easy with the properly sized wrench. Installing the MAMs needs crowfoot wrench and torque wrench. I use a crowfoot wrench from McMaster-Carr and a 3/8" torque wrench.

If you don't have a solid work bench and vice and some basic AR knowledge, it's probably better to pay someone to do it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast