Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Considering SR25 ACC

Feedback Score
    I was aware of the unique barrel extension for KAC, just not sure of the barrel extension to barrels ability to hold the rocksett torque. I reached out to one of the KAC employees and he confirmed, as well as a few of you, that this is the right way to complete the removal.

So, knight stick on order, check. Crows foot, torque wrench, vise, chech, check, check. And "basic ar knowledge", check.

I say basic because while I've built a few ARs I always bought uppers complete.

Thanks all, I'll give you an update after the install and I have a chance to shoot it. I can hardly wait!

NIXDSG
    Last edited by NIXDSG; 01-14-18 at 07:33.

Feedback Score
    I weighed my SR-25, just over 8.0 pounds as delivered!
    Still waiting on the Knight Stick to change out the comp.

KAC weight_sm.jpg

NIXDSG
    Last edited by NIXDSG; 01-28-18 at 08:40.

Feedback Score
    I thought this might be a good thread to ask. Saw the news about the KAC Sr-25 14.5 upper being offered. My understanding was that barrels under 16" were a "novelty" for .308. I'm currently running a 18" SS LMT MWS, which is heavy as hell. Since the uppers are compatible, I thought the 14.5 CC would make a great alternate. Any thoughts? I'm not nearly as versed in .308 as I am with the standard AR-15.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyyke View Post
    I thought this might be a good thread to ask. Saw the news about the KAC Sr-25 14.5 upper being offered. My understanding was that barrels under 16" were a "novelty" for .308. I'm currently running a 18" SS LMT MWS, which is heavy as hell. Since the uppers are compatible, I thought the 14.5 CC would make a great alternate. Any thoughts? I'm not nearly as versed in .308 as I am with the standard AR-15.
    14.5" barrels were of limited utility when the primary ammunition types in use were using 175gr SMKs and similar, and the task was primarily mid-range precision.
    If distances are within 600 meters, the performance of the 14.5s and 16s will be pretty similar, given that high precision past 300 is going to rely on precise distance determination for precise elevation adjustment as well as fairly accurate wind calling ability.
    If you go to the lightweight screamers (110-130gr) built for crushing terminal performance, inside 300 meters is going to be pretty much identical between the 16" and 14.5", and the gun just gets that much more handy and easy to move around with.
    I have a pinned and welded 14.5 that I use for fast action shooting and pig crushing, and it does a great job at that. I can take it out to 600 on torso sized steel with no issues with a decent 1-8x, but spotting splash on mixed terrain backgrounds is not easy.
    Mine shoots right around 1.3 MOA with 168gr FGMM, about 1.7 MOA with 130gr SOST. I just got some 125gr FedTRU that I am looking forward to trying out since the SOST has gotten more difficult to source.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    14.5" barrels were of limited utility when the primary ammunition types in use were using 175gr SMKs and similar, and the task was primarily mid-range precision.
    If distances are within 600 meters, the performance of the 14.5s and 16s will be pretty similar, given that high precision past 300 is going to rely on precise distance determination for precise elevation adjustment as well as fairly accurate wind calling ability.
    If you go to the lightweight screamers (110-130gr) built for crushing terminal performance, inside 300 meters is going to be pretty much identical between the 16" and 14.5", and the gun just gets that much more handy and easy to move around with.
    I have a pinned and welded 14.5 that I use for fast action shooting and pig crushing, and it does a great job at that. I can take it out to 600 on torso sized steel with no issues with a decent 1-8x, but spotting splash on mixed terrain backgrounds is not easy.
    Mine shoots right around 1.3 MOA with 168gr FGMM, about 1.7 MOA with 130gr SOST. I just got some 125gr FedTRU that I am looking forward to trying out since the SOST has gotten more difficult to source.
    Thank you for the information Jack. I had picked up the LMT for a great deal from someone who wanted to fund one of those FN 249's in semi, but it's really more gun than I need. 90% of my shooting happens inside of 300m, so it seems the CC upper will be perfect. Looking forward to it's release.

Feedback Score
    So I've finally got my rig done and going to shoot it tomorrow, excited. MAMS installation was easy with the barrel extension reaction bar. Just received the scope mount this week, with the scope on the rifle it gets a little heavy, but that's what you get with a 308
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NIXDSG; 02-03-21 at 06:17.

Feedback Score
    Does the improvement in accuracy of the APC outweigh the weight advantage of the ACC ? This is the struggle I am dealing with. I’d like to see some info on the new LMT MARS-H m-lok but it’s in scant supply.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Taksan View Post
    Does the improvement in accuracy of the APC outweigh the weight advantage of the ACC ? This is the struggle I am dealing with. I’d like to see some info on the new LMT MARS-H m-lok but it’s in scant supply.
    What is there to look for? It's just the MWS with ambi controls and M-LOK instead of 1913 or the LM8 attachment system.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    What is there to look for? It's just the MWS with ambi controls and M-LOK instead of 1913 or the LM8 attachment system.
    Well I believe they have a new lightweight 16” barrel that brings the weight down under 9 pounds but I’m unaware of any results from it. The LMT does have the advantage of being able to swap out barrels and is probably going to work out cheaper but the availability appears uncertain.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Taksan View Post
    Well I believe they have a new lightweight 16” barrel that brings the weight down under 9 pounds but I’m unaware of any results from it. The LMT does have the advantage of being able to swap out barrels and is probably going to work out cheaper but the availability appears uncertain.
    The lightweight barrel has been out a couple years, well before the M-LOK variant uppers came out, shaves ~0.68 lb off, so the rifle is still over 9 lb.; but fair enough, ain't seen too many reviews on it.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast