Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering SR25 ACC

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    The Mk6 3-18 is a really good choice if going for a APC. The 1-6 as tom12.7 pointed out is fantastic if wanting to keep it light on an ACC.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Cool, thx.

NIXDSG

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    To me a large gas gun is more bulk than I want for hunting, but I don’t know what kind of hunting you mean. For stalking deer and similar game I prefer a sleeker gun like a single shot or at most a M70. I guess for wrecking packs of hogs an ACC would be hard to beat except with 240 or HK21.

That being said, the ACC is a great “one gun” option. With a good quality optic (1-6 or 1-8) it’s hard to be for GP use from 50-700m.

Do yourself a favor and get the MAMS. Then all you’ll need is a good sling and whatever type of sights you prefer.

For me the best mags are the actual KAC 10 and 20 rounders. PMags of all flavors are a close second. For the price they’re incredible. I haven’t found any $15-25 mags that work for big ARs other than PMags. Brownells were always hit or miss and ASC mags wouldn’t even lock into the gun.

It’s the only AR I’ve ever had that didn’t “need” anything. Totally worth the money and effort to save for it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lancer L7s aren't cheap (like $50 a pop) but I like mine.

I actually did go hog hunting once with my ECC and if you are into that I'd almost say track down a cheep AK and a drum mag. ECC worked great but was a bit much just shooting boar.

But I like my L7s to use to "spare" my KAC mags.

D&H makes a cheap 20 rounder that is better than a Brownells and ASC but nowhere near a KAC. It's not bad if you want the classic "look" without running through factory mags. I just have one and it does okay. Still would take Pmag or Lancer over it. The only Pmags I bother with are the 25 rounders. I use pmag 10s for the bench.

Definitely agree on MAMS. It feels like a 5.56 almost.

JM2C

but I love my SR25

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    To me a large gas gun is more bulk than I want for hunting, but I don’t know what kind of hunting you mean. For stalking deer and similar game I prefer a sleeker gun like a single shot or at most a M70. I guess for wrecking packs of hogs an ACC would be hard to beat except with 240 or HK21.

That being said, the ACC is a great “one gun” option. With a good quality optic (1-6 or 1-8) it’s hard to be for GP use from 50-700m.

Do yourself a favor and get the MAMS. Then all you’ll need is a good sling and whatever type of sights you prefer.

For me the best mags are the actual KAC 10 and 20 rounders. PMags of all flavors are a close second. For the price they’re incredible. I haven’t found any $15-25 mags that work for big ARs other than PMags. Brownells were always hit or miss and ASC mags wouldn’t even lock into the gun.

It’s the only AR I’ve ever had that didn’t “need” anything. Totally worth the money and effort to save for it.

Did you buy a KAC QDC can for the MAMS? My only holdup is that I currently own a SF 762 SOCOM can, not a KAC QDC can.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    I guess for wrecking packs of hogs an ACC would be hard to beat except with 240 or HK21.
    I wholeheartedly stand behind the bolded portion.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Did you buy a KAC QDC can for the MAMS? My only holdup is that I currently own a SF 762 SOCOM can, not a KAC QDC can.
    SF does make a SR25 thread pitch muzzle brake. Socom762 is basically the only other SR25 suppressor option I know of if not using a KAC can. I wish I would have waited for the ACC instead of buying a MWS a while ago. The bulk in comparison is significant.

Feedback Score
    I bought an ACC and kitted it out with a Nikon M308 scope (good enough for my use), a Magpul sling as well as SF muzzle brake and my SOCOM 762 suppressor. I don't intend to shoot it unsuppressed so I won't worry about the teeth-losening concussion of a muzzle brake report.

As @nongshim said above, it didn't "need" anything and has run flawlessly as a general purpose rifle for me.

KAC SR25.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    SF does make a SR25 thread pitch muzzle brake. Socom762 is basically the only other SR25 suppressor option I know of if not using a KAC can. I wish I would have waited for the ACC instead of buying a MWS a while ago. The bulk in comparison is significant.
    Yes, I'm aware of the KAC threaded SF devices.

Out of curiosity are you using the standard or LW barrel on your mws? I had a mws with the LW barrel and a friend still has one. The LW barrel really slims down the mws. I suggest you try one, it makes the mws feel like a completely different rifle.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post

I don’t have it yet. Tyranny and such.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast