Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Considering SR25 ACC

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taksan View Post
    Well I believe they have a new lightweight 16” barrel that brings the weight down under 9 pounds but I’m unaware of any results from it. The LMT does have the advantage of being able to swap out barrels and is probably going to work out cheaper but the availability appears uncertain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    The lightweight barrel has been out a couple years, well before the M-LOK variant uppers came out, shaves ~0.68 lb off, so the rifle is still over 9 lb.; but fair enough, ain't seen too many reviews on it.
    My MWS with 16" lightweight chrome lined barrel measures about 8.7 lbs without optic or irons on it. Accuracy has been good to excellent across multiple samples I've seen. At one time we had 4 of the lightweight barrels between myself and my friends. However, most of us have moved on from the MWS since it's not the best suppressor host.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Does the improvement in accuracy of the APC outweigh the weight advantage of the ACC ? This is the struggle I am dealing with. I’d like to see some info on the new LMT MARS-H m-lok but it’s in scant supply.
    A large frame gas gun is definitely not the easiest platform to shoot with.I'm far from a consistent shooter ,but my personal acc is sub moa or better shooter with good ammo.Its dips down into the .7 moa range occasionally when I remember all the fundamentals ,but on average its an MOA or better rifle. From what ive seen the apc is definitely more capable in the accuracy dept,but that comes at the cost of weight and the amount of abuse it'll take.

What are your plans for the rifle? that should be the deciding factor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 03scgt View Post

What are your plans for the rifle? that should be the deciding factor.
    To be honest I was planning on getting a .338 precision bolt gun but recent events here in FL have kind of changed my mind and I think it’s probably prudent to fill out my SA collection first. I’ve frankly been very happy with the M&P 10 and more or less ok with the MR762A1 despite feeling like it was more badge than gun. I guess my main use is going to be just general plinking and steel at 460 and 620 which is the longest we can go here on the property but I do have 1000+ available locally if I want to make a day of it. I don’t really hunt at all and I prefer 5.56 for more general stuff. Guess I’m just looking for a high end SA .308 that’s lighter and easier then the MR762 yet and noticeably better then the M&P 10 which I’ve loved. I can get a ACC or APC locally without to much issue and I was considering one of the new NF 1-8 ATACR’s on top and perhaps a MAMS ....and eventually a can.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    To be honest I was planning on getting a .338 precision bolt gun but recent events here in FL have kind of changed my mind and I think it’s probably prudent to fill out my SA collection first. I’ve frankly been very happy with the M&P 10 and more or less ok with the MR762A1 despite feeling like it was more badge than gun. I guess my main use is going to be just general plinking and steel at 460 and 620 which is the longest we can go here on the property but I do have 1000+ available locally if I want to make a day of it. I don’t really hunt at all and I prefer 5.56 for more general stuff. Guess I’m just looking for a high end SA .308 that’s lighter and easier then the MR762 yet and noticeably better then the M&P 10 which I’ve loved. I can get a ACC or APC locally without to much issue and I was considering one of the new NF 1-8 ATACR’s on top and perhaps a MAMS ....and eventually a can.
    I would probably go with the acc then.If your ultimate goal isn't shooting as tiny of a group as possible then the acc will be the winner.If you happen to be around the swfl (fort myers/naples) area you're welcome to shoot mine and see if its something you like. I'm running mine with a 1-4 and a can currently until I get the chance to use one of the nx8's in person.Its a nice handy package that can easily shoot man size steel at 500.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for you kind offer, I’ve decided to order the ACC and I’m going to put the NF 1-8 on it as it’s probably best of breed right now. I’m going to sell the H&K as nice as it is it just feels too niche for me and I actually dislike shooting it.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    My MWS with 16" lightweight chrome lined barrel measures about 8.7 lbs without optic or irons on it. Accuracy has been good to excellent across multiple samples I've seen. At one time we had 4 of the lightweight barrels between myself and my friends. However, most of us have moved on from the MWS since it's not the best suppressor host.
    True. But I'm hanging on to my MWS anyway. I agree that you can get the weight down close to the ACC naked. Ultimately it's up to end-user to decide how important it is to be able to run it suppressed. Ultimately I'd really like to have both an MWS and ACC in the stable.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    So what is a better suppressor host?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrflyer View Post
    So what is a better suppressor host?
    OBR, predatobr, ACC, or roll your own 308 and use an adjustable gas block. It's not difficult to be a better suppressor host than an MWS.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I will chew on that for awhile.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456