Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Scope mount help

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    If they can get the cost down anywhere close to what the Aero Precision mounts are selling for.....I'll swap all of my mounts.
    If only Ferrari could get the cost down anywhere close to what the Mustang sells for, I'd swap all of my cars.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Yeah Scalarworks and AP are in a whole different league then AP.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I disagree. The Aero mount is pretty high quality. It has recoil lugs, great lock up, and IMHO, it's a great design and doesn't give up much to some of the higher dollar mounts. If they updated it with true split rings instead of the hinged design, it'd be about perfect. And yes, I do have higher dollar scope mounts to compare to.

I think a lot of the scope mounts out there are overpriced.
    Last edited by seedubs1; 11-03-17 at 09:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    I disagree. The Aero mount is pretty high quality. It has recoil lugs, great lock up, and IMHO, it's a great design and doesn't give up much to some of the higher dollar mounts. If they updated it with true split rings instead of the hinged design, it'd be about perfect. And yes, I do have higher dollar scope mounts to compare to.

I think a lot of the scope mounts out there are overpriced.
    I agree that Aero mounts are in a playing field where quality far surpasses their sale price, but others being overpriced in comparison is a moot point because most of these companies have been around for a good while and obviously sell sufficient quantities at their respective price points to remain in business. They're not trying to push Walmart-like product volumes, nor are they competing to be the low cost leader. I think Aero is, on the other hand, trying to position themselves as the go-to manufacturer for quality yet affordably priced ARs and accessories, which they are doing very well at.
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 11-03-17 at 13:10.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well stated. It all comes down to the business model companies want to run.

Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    I agree that Aero mounts are in a playing field where quality far surpasses their sale price, but others being overpriced in comparison is a moot point because most of these companies have been around for a good while and obviously sell sufficient quantities at their respective price points to remain in business. They're not trying to push Walmart-like product volumes, nor are they competing to be the low cost leader. I think Aero is, on the other hand, trying to position themselves as the go-to manufacturer for quality yet affordably priced ARs and accessories, which they are doing very well at.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like the ADM that holds SWFA 1-6 but I want something with horizontally split rings, not the vertically split rings that ADM has. other than Bobro, who does an affordable horizontal split mount?

I'm not against using something non-QD, like separate rings...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    I like the ADM that holds SWFA 1-6 but I want something with horizontally split rings, not the vertically split rings that ADM has. other than Bobro, who does an affordable horizontal split mount?
    I'm not against using something non-QD, like separate rings...
    If you consider Bobro to be affordable - um... then ADM's Delta mount is a high quality QD mount in the same price range with horizontally split rings.

https://www.americandefensemanufactu.../product/1020/

If you don't care about QD, Warne makes a really nice extended mount that sells for around $100-120. Search for "Warne Gen 2 extended MSR mount".

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    If you consider Bobro to be affordable - um... then ADM's Delta mount is a high quality QD mount in the same price range with horizontally split rings.

https://www.americandefensemanufactu.../product/1020/

If you don't care about QD, Warne makes a really nice extended mount that sells for around $100-120. Search for "Warne Gen 2 extended MSR mount".
    thanks, that Delta mount looks beefy. it's about the same price as the single lever Bobro but 1.5oz heavier. it looks like it could handle more scope weight but I don't worry about the Bobro that I already have.

I have been looking at that Warne mount but I don't know what type of reputation it has. I can see using it for a light scope on a 5.56 but wonder if it's up to the weight of a 25oz scope on a 308...
    Last edited by ra2bach; 11-19-17 at 20:07.
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have two of the ADM Delta 30mm with no forward extension. It's an extremely sturdy mount. I haven't tested it to destruction but I imagine it standing up to any realistic abuse. I think I read that they were designed for use with the SCAR Mk17, but I could be wrong on that.

I have several of the Warne gen2 mounts in use also, both 30mm and 1" sized. It is also an extremely sturdy mount, with no apparent weaknesses. It also has a considerable forward extension of 2"+, but is not clumsy on setups that don't require that much extension (unlike many of the QD super-extended mounts). If you don't need QD it's a great mount, US-made, at a very low price. I wouldn't hesitate to use it on a .308 with a 25-30oz scope.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234